AED Defib Training - Including Life Support (Inside the M25)
- Who Attends
The AED defibrillator training course is for delegates who wish to be trained in the safe use of an AED machine but does not have a current first aid certificate (also suitable for first aid trained persons).
- The Aim
The AED defibrillator training course aims to train delegates in the safe use of an AED machine and basic life support.
- Course Content
The AED defibrillator training course content includes:
• Personal safety, assessing the incident and patient priorities: DR,ABC check and sending for help - danger, response, airway,
• How to deal with an unconscious casualty
• How to recognise a casualty who is not breathing normally
• Cardio pulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
• Defibrillation (recognition of heart rhythms)
• CPR and use of AED on casualty
• General guidelines for using a defibrillator
• Recording of information (sample report form)
• Hand over to the emergency services
• Safety considerations
• Practical exercises will be used for the assessment
AED defibrillator training course includes basic life support training and AED machine training.
- Additional Info
The AED course covers adult information. N.B, In an emergency situation these skills can be used for children.
It is important that delegates attending the AED defibrillator training are physically able to carry out the procedures detailed in the AED course outline.
Full attendance is required to be eligible for the continuous assessment.
Attend the AED defibrillator training course for less with the outside option: Outside AED defibrillator training course.
- Dates & Locations