- Who Attends
The Asbestos Awareness training course is designed for personnel that undertake tasks such as:
• Building Work
The course will also appeal to general maintenance staff, and other professions, such as;
• Plumbers & Gas Fitters
• Demolition Workers
• Construction Workers
• Heating & Ventilation Engineers
• Telecommunication Engineers
• Burglar & Fire Alarm Installers
• Building Surveyors
- The Aim
This half day course is fully compliant with Regulation 10 of The Control of Asbestos Regulations.
It is estimated that 1.8 million people are disturbing asbestos regularly and most aren't even aware of it. This training course will help people understand what asbestos is, the typical locations where it is found and how to work safely to avoid exposure.
- Course Content
• What is Asbestos? - The main properties of asbestos and its effects on health.
• The types and likely occurrences of asbestos and asbestos containing material in premises and plant.
• General Procedures to be followed in the event of release of asbestos.
• How to avoid the risks from asbestos.
The objective of the course is to enable delegates to:
• Understand what Asbestos is.
• The different types of Asbestos.
• Procedures to follow.
• How to avoid the risks.
Classroom based practical exercises and group participation.
- Additional Info
The course can be developed and adapted to refer to or include specific areas of the client's operations, particularly focussing on issues that are present and utilising the client's own asbestos policies and procedures.
Training can also be delivered on site providing a suitable training room is available.
- Dates & Locations