Confined Space Awareness for Entry Controllers (Topman)
- Who Attends
This Confined Space Awareness for Entry Controller (Topman) training programme is designed for operatives who may need to supervise an entry into a confined space.
- The Aim
To provide delegates with a general understanding of confined spaces, the associated legislation, approved code of practice (ACOP) and dangers associated with confined spaces.
- Course Content
• A basic understanding of health and safety legislation relevant to confined spaces.
• The ability to identify and assess confined spaces.
• An understanding of atmospheric, physical and biological hazards.
• An introduction to specialised safety equipment.
• How to deal with accidents and emergencies.
• How to supervise confined space entry teams.
By the end of the training course delegates will be able to:
• Summarise the requirements of the Confined Space legislation and the associated ACOP.
• Identify a confined space and its reasonable foreseeable risks.
• Select appropriate methods of risk control.
• Be aware of appropriate safety equipment that may be used when entering a confined space.
Classroom based tutorials, including an introduction to the different types of equipment used when working in confined spaces and a simulated entry into a confined space.
- Additional Info
Delegates should provide a passport photograph on the day of training for production of ID Cards.
Delegates should inform their trainer if they have any serious health issues, physical problems, special considerations or are taking any medication, which may create difficulties in undertaking elements of this training course.
For training held at your own location, please ensure that the classroom you make available has a 240v power supply and is a suitable size for the number of delegates attending. Please ensure that the practical area has been risk assessed, is free from harm and is suitable for training.
- Miscellaneous Info
Start time: 08:45End time: 17:00
- Dates & Locations
Next CourseConfined Space Awareness for Entry Controllers (Topman)
Start Date: 22 Sep 2021 Duration: 1.0 Day Availability: 3 Places Venue: Brentwood, South East
£155.00 Add To Basket
Ready to the take the next step?
Scroll down for more course dates & locations