Confined Spaces for Responsible Persons
- Who Attends
This Confined Spaces with Escape Breathing Apparatus course is designed for Managers and Supervisors who may be required to manage confined space entry.
- The Aim
To provide delegates with a thorough understanding of; confined spaces, the associated legislation, approved code of practice (ACOP), dangers associated with confined spaces and the management of those making an entry into and working within a confined space.
- Course Content
Current Confined Space Regulations, associated legislation and ACOP.
• Methods of risk control including Risk Assessments and Permits of Permit Issuing
• Atmospheric monitoring.
• Health hazards and controls.
• Safety equipment and pre-use checks.
• Escape breathing apparatus.
By the end of the training course delegates will be able to:
• Summarise the requirements of the Confined Space legislation and the associated ACOP.
• Identify a confined space and its reasonable foreseeable risks.
• Select appropriate methods of risk control & Permit issuing
• Select appropriate safety equipment that may be used when entering a confined space and carry out appropriate pre-use checks.
• Demonstration of an entry into a confined space and using escape breathing apparatus and appropriate safety equipment, in a safe and efficient manner.
A high proportion of hands-on demonstrations and practical exercises will be supplemented with classroom based tutorials and pre and post course assessments.
- Additional Info
Delegates should provide a passport photograph on the day of training for production of ID Cards.
Delegates should inform their trainer if they have any serious health issues, physical problems, special considerations or are taking any medication, which may create difficulties in undertaking elements of this training course.
The content of this course includes awareness of periodic examinations of equipment. The course does not provide full training in maintenance of equipment. Additional training relating to this subject may be of benefit to delegates (further information available upon request).
For training held at your own location, please ensure that the classroom you make available has a 240v power supply and is a suitable size for the number of delegates attending. Please ensure that the practical area has been risk assessed, is free from harm and is suitable for training.
- Dates & Locations