Control Of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations
- Who Attends
This COSHH Risk Assessment training programme is designed for Managers, Supervisors, Team Leaders and Safety Representatives who may be actively involved in compliance with COSHH.
- The Aim
To provide delegates with an understanding of the requirements under the COSHH Regulations, recognise the implications & requirements of COSHH and apply them in the workplace. To enable delegates to carry out simple risk assessments & recognise when specialist support is required.
- Course Content
• Outline legal requirements for control of hazardous substances (COSHH, PPE, etc) and associated ACOP.
• Overview of occupational health risk.
• Outline general strategy for control of occupational health risks.
• Control strategies and the hierarchy of prevention and protection for hazardous substances.
• Exposure limits and control limits.
• Collecting Hazard data.
• Workplace monitoring requirements and techniques.
• Recording systems.
Classroom based tutorials and pre and post course assessments.
- Additional Info
Delegates should provide a passport photograph on the day of training for production of ID Cards.
Delegates should inform their trainer if they have any serious health issues, physical problems, special considerations or are taking any medication, which may create difficulties in undertaking elements of this training course.
For training held at your own location, please ensure that the classroom you make available has a 240v power supply and is a suitable size for the number of delegates attending. Please ensure that the practical area has been risk assessed, is free from harm and is suitable for training.
- Dates & Locations