Entry into Confined Spaces with Escape & Full Working Breathing Apparatus
- Who Attends
This Entry into Confined Spaces with Escape and Full Working Breathing Apparatus course is designed for Managers, Supervisors and Operatives who may be required to make an emergency evacuation from a confined space using escape breathing apparatus or enter into confined space with full working breathing apparatus to carry out a variety of work activities.
- The Aim
To provide delegates with a thorough understanding of confined spaces, the associated legislation, approved code of practice (ACOP), dangers associated with confined spaces and the ability to enter, work and leave them safely by horizontal and/or vertical entry.
- Course Content
• Current Confined Space Regulations, associated legislation and ACOP.
• Methods of risk control.
• Atmospheric monitoring.
• Health hazards and controls.
• Safety equipment pre-use and pre-entry checks.
• Escape and full working breathing apparatus.
• Practical exercise and assessment.
By the end of the training course delegates will be able to:
• Summarise the requirements of the confined space legislation and the associated ACOP.
• Identify a confined space and its reasonable foreseeable risks.
• Select appropriate methods of risk control.
• Select appropriate safety equipment that may be used when entering a confined space and carry out appropriate pre-use checks.
• Conduct an entry into a confined space using escape and full working breathing apparatus and ancillary safety equipment, in a safe and efficient manner.
A high proportion of hands-on demonstrations and practical exercises will be supplemented with classroom based tutorials and pre and post course assessments.
- Additional Info
Delegates should provide a passport photograph on the day of training for production of ID Cards.
Delegates should inform their trainer if they have any serious health issues, physical problems, special considerations or are taking any medication, which may create difficulties in undertaking elements of this training course.
The content of this course includes awareness of periodic examinations of equipment. The course does not provide full training in maintenance of equipment. Additional training relating to this subject may be of benefit to delegates (further information available upon request).
For training held at your own location, please ensure that the classroom you make available has a 240v power supply and is a suitable size for the number of delegates attending. Please ensure that the practical area has been risk assessed, is free from harm and is suitable for training.
- Miscellaneous Info
Start time: 08:45End time: 17:00
- Dates & Locations