Entry into Confined Spaces with Full Working Breathing Apparatus
- Who Attends
This Entry into Confined Spaces with Full Working Breathing Apparatus course is designed for Managers, Supervisors and Operatives who may have to use full working breathing apparatus in emergency situations to protect themselves from harmful atmospheres.
- The Aim
To provide delegates with a thorough understanding of the use and maintenance of full working breathing apparatus, donning and doffing procedures and BA control boards.
- Course Content
• The role of working BA/rescue team.
• Breathing times and BA control boards.
• Pressure gauge and whistle warning unit.
• Breathing apparatus pre-use checks.
• BA pre-entry checks.
• Donning and operating.
• Doffing procedure.
• After use cleaning and testing.
By the end of this training course delegates will be able to:
• Calculate breathing times for each of the members of a working BA/rescue team.
• Maintain and use a BA entry control boards.
• Carry out pre-use checks including cylinder pressure/leak and whistle tests.
• Safely don and doff full working breathing apparatus in emergency situations.
• Undertake after use cleaning and testing and record accurate information in accordance with COSHH and PPE regulations.
• Safely store full working breathing apparatus.
A high proportion of hands-on demonstrations and practical exercises will be supplemented with classroom based tutorials.
- Additional Info
Delegates should provide a passport photograph on the day of training for production of ID Cards.
Delegates should inform their trainer if they have any serious health issues, physical problems, special considerations or are taking any medication, which may create difficulties in undertaking elements of this training course.
The content of this course includes awareness of periodic examinations of equipment. The course does not provide full training in maintenance of equipment. Additional training relating to this subject may be of benefit to delegates (further information available upon request).
For training held at your own location, please ensure that the classroom you make available has a 240v power supply and is a suitable size for the number of delegates attending. Please ensure that the practical area has been risk assessed, is free from harm and is suitable for training.
- Dates & Locations