EUSR - Implement Safe (Digging) Excavating Practices - (Category 2)
- Who Attends
This course is for anyone managing or working within or around excavations and need to minimise the risks associated with digging in the ground where services are often present.
It is also suitable to individuals who must manage or be aware of the imminent dangers associated with excavations and their collapse.
- The Aim
This one-day course covers training and assessments required for those working to safely excavate and maintain holes and trenches using both hand tools and hand help power tools.
- Course Content
The EUSR Category 2 course content includes the following:
- Legislation and guidance
- Planning and preparing resources
- Risk assessment
- Ground type identification
- Carrying out the excavation
- Maintenance of the excavation
- Your responsibilities
- How to:
- Interpret utility drawings
- Identify typical depths of utilities
- Identify Hazards
- Practical Assessment
By the end of the course the delegate will be able to:
- Interpret utility drawings and line search documents to identify underground services
- Use safe digging techniques to carry out and maintain excavations
- Identify the dangers and hazards associated with excavations
On successful completion you will receive a EUSR accredited certificate and ID card which is valid for three years.
- Additional Info
- Dates & Locations