EUSR - Install, Inspect & Remove Proprietary Support Systems - (Category 5)
- Who Attends
This course is for managers, supervisors, safety professionals and/or operatives who are required tooversee and/or carry out work in or around excavations. This course is essential in guaranteeing thesafety of yourself and others around you when you are installing or removing shoring systems.
- The Aim
On completion of this two-day course delegates will be able to identify various ground types andunderstand various methods of ground retention systems, identify excavation hazards and introducespecific PPE and control measures to reduce those risks.
The delegate will also have practical training in installing ground support systems in a liveenvironment with specific temporary works designs.
- Course Content
The EUSR Category 5 course content includes the following:
- Understanding various health and safety legislation, guides and procedures
- Soil conditions and ground types
- Understanding and writing design briefs/temporary works designs
- Risk assessments to understand the suitability of the support system, stability of the excavation and ground conditions and structures
- Recommendations for procedures and equipment following the risk assessment
- Installing & removing the proprietary shoring system in accordance with the support system design and sequence
By the end of the course the delegate will:
- Comply with company procedures, health and safety regulations and environmental practices
- Interpret utility drawings and line search documents
- Install, inspect and remove proprietary support systems
- Identify the dangers and hazards associated with excavations
The course consists of a mix of classroom-based theory and practical sessions in live environments.
There will be ongoing tutor observation and assessment throughout the course and there will be ashort written test at the end of day two.
- Additional Info
- Card & Certificate
On successful completion you will receive a EUSR accredited certificate and ID card which is valid forthree years.
- Dates & Locations