EUSR - Install, Inspect & Remove Timber & Steel Support Systems - (Categories 3 + 4)
- Who Attends
This course is for managers, supervisors, safety professionals and/or operatives who are required tooversee and/or carry out work in or around excavations. This course is essential in guaranteeing thesafety of yourself and others around you when you are installing or removing timber and steelshoring systems.
- The Aim
This two-day course introduces delegates to the theoretical and practical dangers of excavation workand upon completion will be able to install, remove and inspect timber and steel shoring equipment.
- Course Content
The EUSR Category 3 and 4 course content includes the following:
- Understanding various health and safety legislation, guides and procedures
- The use of different shoring systems and methods
- Soil conditions and ground types
- Identifying the dangers and hazards associated with working in excavations
- Differentiate between soil types and conditions
- Recognise suitable ground retention systems
- Carry out risk assessments unique to excavations
- Recognise the hazards and implement control measures for those hazards
By the end of the course the delegate will:
- Understand current legislation, policies and procedures associated with safety in excavations
- Identify the dangers and hazards associated with excavations
- Be able to safely install, remove and inspect timber and steel shoring equipment and gain
practical experience in doing so
The course consists of a mix of classroom-based theory and practical sessions in live environments.
There will be ongoing tutor observation and assessment throughout the course and there will be ashort written test at the end of day two.
- Additional Info
- Card & Certificate
On successful completion you will receive a EUSR accredited certificate and ID card which is valid forthree years. You will also receive a certificate of learning for the theoretical elements and a personalcopy of excavation safety learner’s notes.
- Dates & Locations