EUSR - Install, Inspect & Remove Timber, Steel & Proprietary Support Systems - (Categories 3, 4 & 5)
- Who Attends
This course is for managers, supervisors, safety professionals and/or operatives who are required tooversee and/or carry out work in or around excavations. This course is essential in guaranteeing thesafety of yourself and others around you when you are installing or removing proprietary, steel andtimber shoring systems.
- The Aim
This two-day course introduces delegates to the theoretical and practical dangers of excavation workand upon completion will be able to install, remove and inspect proprietary, steel and timber shoringequipment.
- Course Content
The EUSR Category 3, 4 and 5 course content includes the following:
- Understanding various health and safety legislation, guides and procedures
- Differentiate between soil conditions and ground types
- Understanding and writing design briefs/temporary works designs
- Identifying the dangers and hazards associated with working in excavations
- Recognise suitable ground retention systems
- Carry out risk assessments unique to excavations
- Recognise the hazards and implement control measures for those hazards
- Installing, inspecting & removing the proprietary, steel and timber shoring system in
accordance with the support system design and sequence
By the end of the course the delegate will:
- Understand current legislation, policies and procedures associated with safety in excavations
- Be able to safely install, remove and inspect proprietary, steel and timber shoring equipment
- Including installation of shallow trench and small hydraulic frame, push and dig with two
frames and the installation of a trench box
- Identify the dangers and hazards associated with excavations
The course consists of a mix of classroom-based theory and practical sessions in live environments.
There will be ongoing tutor observation and assessment throughout the course and there will be a
short written test at the end of day two.
- Additional Info
- Miscellaneous Info
Start time: 08:30End time: 17:00Certificate length: This two-day course runs from 8am â€“ 5pm.
- Card & Certificate
On successful completion you will receive a EUSR accredited certificate and ID card which is valid forthree years.
- Dates & Locations