EUSR - Install, Inspect & Remove Timber Support Systems - (Category 3)
- Who Attends
This course is for managers, supervisors, safety professionals and/or operatives who are required to oversee and/or carry out work in or around excavations. This course is essential in guaranteeing the safety of yourself and others around you when you are installing or removing timber shoring systems.
- The Aim
This one-day course introduces delegates to the theoretical and practical dangers of excavation workand upon completion will be able to install, remove and inspect timber shoring equipment.
- Course Content
The EUSR Category 3 course content includes the following:
- Identifying the dangers and hazards associated with working in excavations
- Differentiate between soil types and conditions
- Recognise suitable ground retention systems
- Carry out risk assessments unique to excavations
- Recognise the hazards and implement control measures for those hazards
- Legislation including HSE guidance
By the end of the course the delegate will:
- Understand current legislation, policies and procedures associated with safety in excavations
- Be able to safely install, remove and inspect timber shoring equipment and gain practical experience in doing so
The course consists of a mix of classroom-based theory and practical sessions in live environments.
- Additional Info
- Card & Certificate
On successful completion you will receive a EUSR accredited certificate and ID card which is valid forthree years. You will also receive a certificate of learning for the theoretical elements and a personalcopy of excavation safety learner’s notes.
- Dates & Locations