Introduction to Mental Health in the Workplace
- Who Attends
This half day introduction to mental health first aid workshop is designed specifically for staff of all levels as well those with responsibilities for the productivity and wellbeing of others, e.g. HR staff, H&S teams and Project / Site Managers. Delegates will complete a range of group and individual activities throughout the session to explore the topic and ensure learning is embedded and they understand the practical application of it in the workplace. This workshop is suitable for delivering awareness to a broader audience or higher numbers of staff.
- The Aim
The workshop will consider how you can build a better culture and increase productivity through understanding mental health issues better. It examines the relationship between stress, anxiety, wellbeing, self-care and performance in the workplace.
It will also give delegates a good understanding of mental health and resilience, as well as practical strategies as to how to spot the signs, approach and handle workplace situations.
- Course Content
Half day with several objectives.
• Mental Health First Aid introduction.
• What is mental health?
• An overview of common conditions, signs & symptoms.
• Stress, Mental Wellbeing and performance.
• An opportunity to discuss case studies in the workplace.
• Strategies to spot the signs and address Mental Health and stress issues before they impact on work and business.
• Workplace adjustments.
Delegates will complete a range of group and individual activities throughout the session to ensure learning is embedded and they understand the practical application of that knowledge.
Back to our Mental Health First Aid Course page
After attending this workshop, delegates will have more confidence to appropriately address stress and mental health issues. They will be able to contribute to a more positive environment that recognizes and promotes wellbeing and resilience at work. They will be equipped to have conversations about mental health without the stigma and promote support and understanding in the team.
Staying in Positive Mental Health helps people to:
• Realize their full potential.
• Create a more positive and productive culture.
• 1 in 4 people suffer with a mental health issue
• 82% of Managers would like to be better equipped to support their staff.
• Prevent mental health issues becoming worse
• Reduce business sickness costs and sickness records
• Reduce accident rates.
• Cope with the pressures of life
• Have positive relationships
• Make good choices
- Additional Info
We are often left in the position that we are only aware of stress related issues in others when they are already suffering the effects and their work is being affected. This can be a challenging and sensitive situation to resolve. This course helps remove the barriers and stigma around mental health in the workplace. We also measure the confidence they have in the topic before and after the course and this information can be provided to the Organisation if required
All delegates will receive a comprehensive workbook and certificate of attendance.
- Dates & Locations