IOSH Working Safely
- Who Attends
The IOSH Working Safely training course is suitable for all persons at any level, carrying out any type of work, who need to develop an understanding of the basic elements associated with working safely.
- The Aim
To provide delegates with an appreciation of the core knowledge of health and safety, so that they are compliant with the relevant legislation and able to contribute to the safety of themselves and others in the workplace.
- Course Content
• Introducing working safely.
• Defining hazard and risk.
• Identifying common hazards.
• Improving safety performance.
• Protecting our environment.
• Multi-format questions.
• Hazard spotting exercise.
By the end of the IOSH Working Safely training course delegates will be able to:
• Define and understand terms such as; hazard, risk, likelihood and severity.
• Identify common hazards within their workplace and appropriate controls.
• Assist in improving safety performance.
• Demonstrate their understanding of:
• Accident causes and prevention.
• Responsibilities imposed on them by legislation.
• How they can help reduce industry's impact on the environment.
Interactive animation, board games, quizzes and DVDs.
A high proportion of this course is interactive, through the use of animated presentations, board games, quizzes and case studies. These will be supplemented with recognisable scenarios, discussions, practical work and classroom based tutorials.
- Additional Info
Delegates attending the IOSH Working Safely training course should inform their trainer if they have any serious health issues, physical problems, special considerations or are taking any medication, which may create difficulties in undertaking elements of this training course.
For training held at your own location, please ensure that the classroom you make available has a 240v power supply and is a suitable size for the number of delegates attending. Please ensure that the practical area has been risk assessed, is free from harm and is suitable for training.
- Miscellaneous Info
Start time: 09:00End time: 17:00
- Dates & Locations