IPAF Harness Awareness
- Who Attends
This IPAF Harness Awareness training course is designed for Managers, Supervisors or Operatives who may be involved with the management or use of fall arrest equipment as part of a work activity.
- The Aim
This IPAF Harness Awareness course aims to provide delegates with the knowledge and hands on experience which will enable compliance with relevant obligations associated with the work activities necessitating the use of this equipment.
- Course Content
• Health and Safety Regulations, EN standards and CE marking.
• How to select the correct form of PPE.
• Inspecting and maintaining equipment.
• How to fit and safely use a harness and lanyard.
• Hazard analysis and risk assessment.
• Three categories for safe work at height.
• Loads generated when working with MEWPS.
By the end of this training course candidates will:
• Have an understanding of relevant legislation.
• Have an understanding of hazard analysis and risk assessment.
• Know the definition of the three categories for safe work at height.
• Be aware of the PPE necessary to prevent falls from height.
• Be able to inspect, maintain, fit and use a harness and lanyard safely.
A mixture of classroom based discussion and practical demonstrations.
This training course is assessed by multiple-choice test and a practical session where delegates will have to correctly fit and assemble their harness and lanyard.
- Additional Info
Please note that this is a harness awareness course only and that delegates that successfully pass this course will not be deemed competent enough to perform mandatory periodic inspections.
Delegates should inform their trainer if they have any serious health issues, physical problems, special considerations or are taking any medication, which may create difficulties in undertaking elements of this training course.
IPAF courses are not delivered directly by Citrus Training. They are delivered via our authorised IPAF Approved Partner.
- Dates & Locations