Intermediate Trauma & Casualty Care Training
- Who Attends
This course is designed for anyone who may need to provide basic life support and trauma skills to casualties with life threatening conditions.
- The Aim
ITACC prepares candidates for the most serious medical and trauma challenges in a realistic and immersive way that develops skills and confidence.The success of the course has led to its adoption by numerous Fire & Rescue Services, Police Forces, Ambulance Services, COMAH sites, Construction industry and UK Search & Rescue teams.
- Course Content
The modules are selected and defined in advance, following site visits and a needs assessment. At any stage, the course can be adapted and changed in a phased roll out of new additional skills.
In addition to the BTACC trauma & casualty care content the specialist modules include (but are not restricted to) any of the following:-
• Enhanced care of medical conditions
• Extended airway skills eg I-gel or LMA
• Haemostatics and wound packing
• Assessment of head injury
• Abdominal Assessment
• Analgesia eg Penthrox or Entonox
• Traction splints
• Spinal Traumal Crush & suspension trauma
• Heat stroke and exhaustion
• Excitation delirium and overdose
• Burns, Thermal Injury & electrocution
• Bombs, Blasts & Ballistics
• Drowning & immersion
• Paediatric & small adults Managing the pregnant patient
• Transfer of the Critically Ill Patient
• Mass casualty management/major civilian disasters
• Casualty triage.
Many more modules are available on request
• Dynamic classroom sessions supported with practical learning
• Highly fidelity simulation & training
• BTACC Core modules plus extended skills and specialist modules
• Exceeds D13E and IEC standards
• Further specialist modules can be added on request
• Rolling assessment of core skills plus Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)
• ITACC is mapped against Level E of the FOPC PHEM Guidelines
• ITACC is written and approved by the ATACC faculty which is accredited by the Royal College of Surgeons, London
- Additional Info
ITACC offers one of the most versatile training packages currently available for Medical & Trauma Casualty care.
The course builds on our Basic Trauma & Casualty Care course (BTACC) and is adapted and defined by your specific organisational needs. It can be delivered on-site or at one of our training facilities nationwide.
- Dates & Locations