Mental Health First Aid - MHFA England Accredited
- Who Attends
This two-day mental health first aid & resilience workshop is designed specifically for managers and those with responsibilities for the productivity and wellbeing of others, e.g. HR staff, H&S teams, Senior Management, Line Managers or Site Managers. Delegates will complete a range of group and individual activities throughout the session to ensure learning is embedded and they understand the practical application of that knowledge. Adult specific.
- The Aim
This training course will consider how you can build a culture and specific processes within your business, to help reduce the stigma around this topic, to be able to flag issues before they become problems and to help you have productive, legal and positive conversations with those who are signed off work with stress or mental health related issues. It will also give you a good understanding of mental health and resilience, workplace situations and how to handle them.
- Course Content
2 days with several objectives:
• Mental Health First Aid skills
• Depression, Anxiety, Stress & Suicide
• Anxiety, personality disorders, eating disorders and self-harm.
• Psychosis, schizophrenia and bipolar disorder.
• Assessment techniques, signs & symptoms.
• An opportunity to talk about case studies in the workplace
• Strategies to spot the signs and address Mental Health and stress issues before they impact on work and business.
• Difficult conversations, Sensitive topics and reasonable adjustments.
• Why are they difficult?
• Who are they difficult for?
• What are you trying to achieve from the conversation?
Delegates will complete a range of group and individual activities throughout the session to ensure learning is embedded and they understand the practical application of that knowledge.
Back to our Mental Health First Aid Course page
After attending this workshop, you will gain a deeper understanding of the issues that impact on and relate to people’s mental health. You will be able to teach practical skills that can be used every day, including being able to spot the signs and symptoms of mental health issues and feel confident guiding people towards appropriate support. This course has superb feedback on enabling and empowering Managers to support their staff better. By increasing confidence in this topic, your Organisation is more likely to attract and retain a healthy and engaged workforce.
Staying in Positive Mental Health helps people to:
• Realize their full potential.
• Create a more positive and productive culture.
• 1 in 4 people suffer with a mental health issue
• 82% of Managers would like to be better equipped to support their staff.
• Prevent mental health issues becoming worse
• Reduce business sickness costs and sickness records
• Reduce accident rates.
• Cope with the pressures of life
• Have positive relationships
• Make good choices
- Additional Info
We are often left in the position that we are only aware of stress related issues in others when they are already suffering the effects and their work is being affected. This can be a challenging and sensitive situation to resolve. This course helps remove the barriers and stigma around mental health in the workplace. We also measure the confidence they have in the topic before and after the course and this information can be provided to the Organisation if required.
All delegates will receive a comprehensive workbook and certificate of attendance.
- Miscellaneous Info
Start time: 09:00End time: 17:00
- Dates & Locations