NEBOSH General Certificate
- Who Attends
This NEBOSH General Certificate is designed for managers and supervisors with responsibility for health and safety management and associated legislation.
- The Aim
The aim of the NEBOSH General course is to ensure that safety requirements are appreciated by people employed as line managers and enable them to review their own departmental systems for safety, introducing new controls or implementing changes as appropriate, to make their workplace safer.
- Course Content
Week 1 - Unit 1 - NGC1 - Management of Health & Safety
• Element 1 - Foundation in Health & Safety
• Element 2 - Health & Safety Management Systems 1 - Policy
• Element 3 - Health & Safety Management Systems 2 - Organising
• Element 4 - Health & Safety Management Systems 3 - Planning
• Element 5 - Health & Safety Management Systems 4 - Measuring, Audit & Review
Week 2 - Unit 2 - Controlling Workplace Hazards
• Element 1 - Movement of People and Vehicles
• Element 2 - Manual and Mechanical Handling
• Element 3 - Work Equipment
• Element 4 - Electricity
• Element 5 - Fire
• Element 6 - Chemical and Biological Hazards
• Element 7 - Physical and Psychological Health Hazards
• Element 8 - Construction Activities
Week 3 - Revision days and Examination
By the end of the training course delegates will be able to:
• Work more safely to minimise risks to themselves and others.
• Review safety management arrangements in place and their effectiveness.
• Understand and appreciate the safety and legal implications of management actions relating to health and safety.
• Play a key role in the development of safety management systems and a safer working culture for your organisation.
A high proportion of case studies, recognisable scenarios and discussion will be supplemented with practical work and classroom based tutorials.
Candidates are assessed by two written examinations of each unit and a practical assessment. The practical assessment is carried out at in the delegate's own workplace.
- Additional Info
The NEBOSH General Certificate is recognised by the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH), as it meets all requirements for Technician Membership of IOSH (Tech IOSH) and also has associate membership with the International Institute of Risk and Safety Management (IIRSM).
The NEBOSH General Certificate has been accredited by the Qualifications and Curriculum Authority (QCA) at a Level 3, in accordance with the National Qualification Framework (NQF); this is comparable to the Council for Curriculum, Examinations and Assessment (CCEA) in Northern Ireland and the Department for Children, Education, Lifelong Learning and Skills (DCELLS) in Wales. This is also the equivalent to Level6 in the Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework (SCQF), accredited by the Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA).
Delegates should inform their trainer if they have any serious health issues, physical problems, special considerations or are taking any medication, which may create difficulties in undertaking elements of this training course.
11 days plus Exam
- Miscellaneous Info
Start time: 09:00End time: 17:00
- Dates & Locations