NVQ Level 3 - Construction Contracting Operations - General
- Who Attends
Any person or employee that works in construction and needs to obtain a CSCS Gold Card and nationally recognised qualification in this trade.
- The Aim
- Course Content
• Operate health, safety and welfare systems in construction.
• Prepare programmes and schedules of work in construction.
• Develop and maintain working relationships of personal development in construction.
• Prepare for, collect, analyse and present survey data in construction.
• Record the condition of property in construction.
• Prepare drawings and schedules in construction.
• Prepare and process estimate, bid and tender enquiries in construction.
• Prepare tenders in construction.
• Prepare for and organise work operations in construction.
• Implement construction contract work.
• Establish and maintain the dimensional control of works in construction.
The candidate must have previously successfully completed a Supervisor's Health and Safety touch screen test within the past two years.
The NVQ will be assessed over approximately three on-site assessments whilst the candidate carries out their day to day work. Evidence will be collected in the form of photographs, method statements and professional discussions by your dedicated Assessor.
- Additional Info
Once the candidate is registered, after the profile and induction visit, they will be able to apply for a one year trade CSCS card extension.
Once they have completed their NVQ their card will then last five years but is simply renewed by a Construction Skills touch screen health & safety test and will run for a further five years.
A CITB grant from £400 to £488 is available for companies registered with the Construction Industry Training Board.
Delegates should inform their trainer if they have any serious health issues, physical problems, special considerations or are taking any medication, which may create difficulties in undertaking elements of this training course.
The duration of a Level 3 NVQ varies depending on the candidate, their level of experience and the work they are undertaking. We advise that the majority of NVQ Level 3's are completed between 6 and 9 months from induction.
- Dates & Locations