NVQ Level 6 - Construction Contracting Operations - General
- Who Attends
Any person or employee that works in construction and needs to obtain a CSCS Black Card and a nationally recognised qualification in this trade.
- The Aim
- Course Content
- Maintain health, safety and welfare in construction.
- Manage the performance of teams and individuals in construction.
- Chair meeting and take decisions in construction.
- Enhance working relationships in construction.
- Plan measured surveys in construction.
- Ascertain the condition of property in construction.
- Identify, assess and evaluate project requirements in construction.
- Develop and agree detailed project designs in construction.
- Specify and control production documents in construction.
- Prepare procurement schedules and programmes of works in construction.
- Implement strategic and integrated supply chain management and sourcing partnerships in construction.
- Obtain tenders and appoint successful contractors in construction.
- Evaluate enquiries and submit tenders in construction.
- Evaluate and confirm work methods and programme.
- Analyse, monitor and optimise materials, plant and services in construction.
- Control contract work in construction.
- Optimise and control contract progress and costs in construction.
- Prepare and agree contract accounts and claims in constructions.
The candidate must have previously successfully completed a Manager’s Health and Safety touch screen test within the past two years.
The NVQ will be assessed over approximately six on-site assessments whilst the candidate carries out their day to day work. Evidence will be collected in the form of photographs, methods statements and professional discussions by your dedicated Assessor.
- Additional Info
Once the candidate is registered, after the profile and induction visit, they will be able to apply for a one year trade CSCS card extension.
Once the candidate has completed their NVQ, their card will then last five years but is simply renewed by a Construction Skills Manager touch screen health and safety test and will run for a further five years.
A CITB grant from £650 to £793 is available for companies registered with the Construction Industry Training Board.
- Dates & Locations