- Who Attends
Personnel who will be responsible for the assembly, dismantling, alteration, moving and inspecting of mobile access towers.
- The Aim
To provide delegates with a thorough understanding of the need for safety associated with Towers. To instruct and equip the delegates in the safe use and inspection of Mobile Aluminium Towers.
- Course Content
• Legislation, Regulations and Guidance affecting working at height with mobile access towers.
• PASMA Code of Practice.
• Product Standards EN 1004:2004.
• Assembling, altering and dismantling towers incorporating current best practice for fall protection.
• Inspection of completed mobile access towers and completion of Tower Inspection Records.
• Hazards affecting the use of mobile access towers and how to avoid.
• Introduction to the scope of the Prefabricated Access Suppliers & Manufacturers Association (PASMA).
• Current Health & Safety at Work Act.
• Management Regulations – Risk Assessment.
• Working at Height Regulations.
• Provision of Work Equipment Regulations.
• Manual Handling Regulations.
• Personal Protective Equipment at Work Regulations.
• BSEN1298 Mobile Tower Instruction Manual.
• Tower Components and Inspection of.
• Tower Stability, stabilisers/outriggers.
• Tying In.
• Inspection of Structure.
• Movement of Towers.
• Safe Use of Tower.
• Erection of Tower 3T and Advanced Guard Rail (AGR).
• Dismantling of Tower.
A PASMA PhotoCard and Certificate will be issued to successful delegates who complete the theory and practical sessions which have a five year validity period
Classroom based tutorials with the use of DVD/Videos and group participation combined with practical exercises.
Delegates must successfully pass both theory and practical assessment.
- Additional Info
Delegates should also provide suitable PPE on the day of training for example; safety helmets, safety shoes/boots, hi vis and gloves.
- Miscellaneous Info
Start time: 08:00End time: 17:00
- Dates & Locations