Permit Issuer for Confined Space
- Who Attends
This training course is designed for Managers and Supervisors who require the knowledge and skills to issue permits for operatives who need to work within confined spaces.
- The Aim
To provide delegates with a thorough understanding of confined spaces, the associated legislation, approved code of practice (ACOP), dangers associated with confined spaces and the ability to issue permits for entering into confined spaces.
- Course Content
• Current Confined Space Regulations, associated legislation and ACOP.
• Associated Risk Methods.
• Situations requiring work Permits.
• Duties and responsibilities of the permit issuer.
• Contents of the confined Space Permit System.
• Types of confined space permits.
• Identification, documentation and hazard control.
• Raising, issuing and receiving of work permits.
• Permit exercises.
• Monitoring work of compliance.
• Withdrawal of work permits.
By the end of the training course delegates will be able to:
• Summarise the requirements of the confined space legislation and the associated ACOP.
• Identify a confined space and its reasonable foreseeable risks.
• Select appropriate methods of risk control.
• Select appropriate safety equipment that may be used when entering a confined space.
• Risk Assess.
• Issue and cancel permits for Confined Space Entry.
A high proportion of classroom theory tutorials will be supplemented by hands on practical demonstration, concluded by post-course assessments.
- Additional Info
Delegates should provide a passport photograph on the day of training for production of ID cards.
The content of this course includes awareness of periodic examinations of equipment. The course does not provide full training in maintenance of equipment. Additional training relating to this subject may be of benefit to delegates (further information available upon request).
Delegates should inform their trainer if they have any serious health issues, physical problems, special considerations or are taking any medication, which may create difficulties in undertaking elements of this training course.
For training held at your own location, please ensure that the classroom you make available has a 240v power supply and is a suitable size for the number of delegates attending. Please ensure that the practical area has been risk assessed, is free from harm and is suitable for training.
- Dates & Locations