Portable Appliance Testing (PAT)
- Who Attends
This In-Service Inspection & Training of Electrical Equipment training programme is designed for managers, supervisors and operatives who may need to test electrical equipment in the workplace.
- The Aim
To provide delegates with a thorough understanding of how to test equipment to the requirements of the IEE code of practice. The course takes a hands on approach to learning including practical exercises.
- Course Content
• Reasons for PAT (Portable Appliance Testing).
• Basic Electrical Principles.
• Identification of Equipment Types.
• Visual Inspection.
• Practical Testing, using PAT equipment.
• Choosing a suitable PAT tester.
• Microwave Emissions Testing.
• Frequency of Testing & Management of PAT.
• Short Test and Practical Assessment.
By the end of the training course delegates will be able to:
• Distinguish between different types of appliances.
• Complete formal visual inspections on appliances and identify faults.
• Select and complete the appropriate tests using a portable appliance testing machine.
• Decide on the most appropriate testing intervals for different appliances.
A high proportion of hands-on demonstrations and practical exercises, which will be supplemented with classroom based tutorials.
A complimentary copy of the IEE Code of Practice for in-service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment is supplied along with all necessary PAT equipment for training purposes.
- Additional Info
Delegates should provide a passport photograph on the day of training for production of ID Cards.
Delegates should inform their trainer if they have any serious health issues, physical problems, special considerations or are taking any medication, which may create difficulties in undertaking elements of this training course.
The content of this course includes awareness of periodic examinations of equipment. The course does not provide full training in maintenance of equipment.
- Dates & Locations