SMSTS - Site Management Safety Training Scheme (Block) - Site Safety Plus (CITB)
- Who Attends
The Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) is designed for site managers, agents and persons who are, or are about to be, responsible for planning, organising, monitoring, controlling and administering groups of staff and workforce.
Pre-Requisites: The minimum entry equipment is a good understanding of spoken and written English
- The Aim
This SMSTS course is designed to enable managers to help site managers, agents and supervisors to:
• Manage health and safety on-site in accordance with current legal provisions, and within the context of their management or supervisory role.
• Develop an understanding of responsibilities and accountability for site health, safety and welfare.
• Recognise that a safe site is efficient, economical and productive.
- Course Content
The SMSTS course (CITB) content includes:
• Introduction to health and safety law, duties, responsibilities, enforcement and sanctions.
• Overviews/explanations of relevant construction activity legislation.
• Accident costs, causes, investigation, prevention and reporting requirements.
• Risk assessment and principles of prevention'.
• Safety management systems, policies, plans, performance and measuring.
• Management of Contractors.
• Development of safe systems of work' and permit systems.
• Effective communicating.
• Behavioural science including awareness of human error.
• Motivating safety behaviour:
• Recognition of an organisation's duties and responsibilities.
• Recognition of responsibilities of Managers, Supervisors and Operatives.
• Production of site activity instructions (safe system of work).
• Planning for health and safety within the context of a project.
By the end of the Site Management Safety Training (SMSTS) course, delegates will be aware of and be able to:
• Implement all health, safety, welfare and environmental legislation which effects them during their daily work.
• Implement new guidance and industry best practice.
• State their duties and responsibilities with regards to health, safety, welfare and the environment.
The SMSTS course has a high proportion of discussions, best practice sharing, syndicate exercises and case studies will be supplemented with video and classroom based tutorials.
A certain amount of the SMSTS course content will require delegates to compile and present their understanding of how to comply with current legislation for assessment; delegates are increasingly finding the use of a laptop during these sessions helpful.
Delegates will be continuously assessed during the SMSTS course in preparation for the final multiple choice examination.
- Additional Info
Issue of the most highly regarded Construction Site Managers Safety Certificate (valid 5 years) will be awarded to those persons who successfully complete the SMSTS course including the compulsory final examination (72% pass grade).
Delegates should inform their trainer if they have any serious health issues, physical problems, special considerations or are taking any medication, which may create difficulties in undertaking elements of this training course.
For a SMSTS course held at your own location, please ensure that the classroom you make available has a 240v power supply and is a suitable size for the number of delegates attending. Please ensure that the practical area has been risk assessed, is free from harm and is suitable for training.
- Miscellaneous Info
Start time: 08:30End time: 17:00
- Dates & Locations