CPCS Blue Cards
CPCS Blue Cards
CPCS Blue Cards for Employers
We are the largest provider of CPCS qualifications in the UK and have been delivering CPCS since 2004. The Plant Scheme now accounts for over a third our activity so when it comes to CPCS we really do know what we are talking about. Uniquely we operate out of 10 CPCS test centres across the UK from Scotland to Gatwick.
We provide a fully managed CPCS solution for many businesses across the UK. Offering a route from the initial Red card, right through to the Blue card and beyond. Our bespoke CPCS software management system can manage an entire company’s CPCS Card portfolio from initial skills matching and consultancy, automatic card notifications and tracking, as well as handling companies CITB grant claims automatically.
Citrus offer this management service free of charge and in many cases work with businesses to achieve a subsidised cost against their CITB Grant claims.
If you would like to talk to Citrus about reducing the cost of managing your CPCS Card portfolio or would like some initial consultation around the subject please fill in our enquiry form below and we will be in touch.
CPCS Blue Cards for Employees
To achieve the Blue CPCS Competence Card delegates must complete the relevant NVQ in Plant or Lifting Operations at the relevant level. We offer a fast track extension service whilst you achieve you NVQ with us. Fill out the enquiry form below and one of our Training Solutions Advisors will be in touch.
The CPCS Blue Card – Technical Speaking
- How do you achieve the CPCS Blue card?
For the majority of CPCS categories delegates need to complete a NVQ in Plant or Lifting Operations at the relevant level.
- How long does the NVQ take?
The NVQ’s are assessed on your site with our team of NVQ Assessors. Typically, an NVQ level 2 takes between 4 – 6 months. NVQs can be completed quicker it just depends on how available and the candidate and the type of work they are carrying out during the NVQ. Citrus also offer a fast track CPSC card extension if its due to expire.
The popular exceptions to this are the A62 NVQ L4 in Crane Supervision and A61 NVQ L6 Appointed Person – Lifting Operations which have to take place via on site assessment visits (OSAT). Citrus advice these two qualifications can take between 3-9 months depending on the circumstances.
- How long does a CPCS card last for?
The card has a life time of 5 years.
- How does the CPCS Blue Card get renewed?
In the simplest of cases can be simply renewed like a bank card, with the addition of the having achieved the following:
- The Health, Safety & Environmental Test being achieved at the correct level within the last two years of the application being submitted. For A61 Appointed PersonThe managers test (MAPS) will undertaken and for A62 the supervisors test will have to be completed.
- Having passed the relevant CPCS Renewal Test for the categories held on the Blue card.
- Have recorded 300 hours for each plant category held in the CPCS log book.
- What happens if 300 log book hours are not recorded?
The Operator/s will have to complete the first two points above and then has the option of completing one of the following items below for each CPCS Category held on the license:
- A CPCS Practical Test (This is the same practical test that operators undertook to achieve their CPCS Red Card).
- A CPCS On Site Assessment
- A NVQ (see Scheme Booklet for Operators Section D4 for further information)
Quick Quotation Form
Please fill out the below form for a quotation.