- Who Attends
Delegates who do not have a background in the electrical supply industry.
- The Aim
To enable delegates to understand what is expected of them whilst working as a Jointers Mate.
- Course Content
• First Aid.
• Manual Handling.
• New Roads and Street Works Units 1-3 card.
If the candidate does not have any of these they will then need to take the eight day course where this will all be covered in the first three days of the course.
Main Course Content:
• Safe Excavation and Understanding 1:500 Drawings.
• LV Support Person.
• Jointing Practices and Procedures.
• Health & Safety.
• Distribution Safety Rules.
• Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH).
• Stripping cables, LV and HV awareness.
• Cable identification.
• Electricity at Work Regulations (1998).
• Environment Emergency Procedures for spills and waste materials.
• Test papers.
By the end of this training course delegates will have an
understanding of working in the Electrical Distribution Industry and the foundations for developing into an Electrical Cable Jointer.
A mixture of lecture room sessions and practical formal assessments in the Jointing School.
- Additional Info
Delegates should inform their trainer if they have any serious health issues, physical problems, special considerations or are taking any medication, which may create difficulties in
undertaking elements of this training course.
- Dates & Locations