Cable Avoidance Tools (Cat & Genny)
- Who Attends
This Safe Use of Cable Avoidance (Cat & Genny) Location Equipment training programme is designed for Operatives and Supervisors who have to locate underground apparatus for work on the roadways and highways.
- The Aim
The Cable Avoidance (Cat & Genny) training course provides both Operatives and Supervisors with the skills and knowledge to carry out cable avoidance work.
- Course Content
The Cable Avoidance (Cat & Genny) training course content includes:
• Basic principles of location and avoidance of underground services.
• Hazard identification and the risks associated with them.
• Reading and interpreting site plans.
• Practical use of equipment.
By the end of the Cable Avoidance (Cat & Genny) training course delegates will be able to:
• Identify potential risks to themselves and others.
• Read and understand site plans.
• Operate cable avoidance tools in order to avoid or locate underground apparatus.
the The Cable Avoidance (Cat & Genny) training course has a high proportion of discussion and simulated assessments and will be supplemented with video and classroom based tutorials and progress tests.
- Additional Info
This is the only unit that is mandatory for both Operatives and Supervisors when completing a full qualification.
Delegates should provide a passport photograph on the day of training for production of ID Cards.
Delegates should inform their trainer if they have any serious health issues, physical problems, special considerations or are taking any medication, which may create difficulties in undertaking elements of this training course.
- Miscellaneous Info
Start time: 08:45End time: 17:00
- Dates & Locations