Construction Design Management 2015 Awareness Training
- Who Attends
There are a number of significant changes to the Construction (Design & Management) Regulations (CDM) that affect the management of construction projects.
In response to the recently updated (April 2015) CDM Regulations which replace the CDM 2007 regulations, this course provides a general overview of the new CDM regulations 2015. The programme will be of benefit to anyone involved in the management of construction or those who engage others to carryout construction work or projects on their behalf. The course will update attendees on the principal changes to the Regulations and the roles of all parties in terms of duties and relationships (e.g. the role of; Client, Principal Designer, Designer, Principal Contractor or Contractor, as defined by these regulations).
The course will also aid those new to CDM requiring an introduction to the CDM 2015 Regulations
- The Aim
To provide delegates with a clear understanding of the specific management requirements placed on all parties involved with Construction projects and construction work as defined by the Construction (Design & Management) Regulations 2015. The course will provide delegates with the information they require to ensure compliance with this amended legislation.
- Course Content
• HSE’s aims and objectives for the new CDM regulations 2015, including the reasons for the revised regulations
• Fundamental differences between the 2007 & 2015 Regulations
• Key elements to securing construction health and safety
• Definitions, and the application of the regulations
• Thresholds of notifiable and non-notifiable projects
• Regulatory requirements applying to all construction activities and the of responsibilities of relevant duty holders
• Additional requirements relating to notifiable duties and responsibilities of relevant duty holders
• Key documentation associated with the CDM regulations 2015
• Role specific guidance documents
• HSE Red, Amber, Green Lists
By the end of the course delegates will have an appropriate understanding of the:
• Outline the philosophy behind the CDM regulations 2015
• Apply notification thresholds
• Describe the duties of the key roles defined in the CDM regulations 2015
• Define the content of key documentation required under CDM 2015
By the end of the course delegates will be able to summarise:
• The principal requirements of the CDM regulations 2015
• The Key elements required to manage construction health and safety
• The relevant duties and responsibilities of persons involved in any of the key phases associated with all construction projects.
Classroom based tutorials ending with delegate discussion and a Q&A session.
- Additional Info
Delegates should inform their trainer if they have any serious health issues, physical problems, special considerations or are taking any medication, which may create difficulties in undertaking elements of this training course.
For training held at your own location, please ensure that the classroom you make available has a 240v power supply and is a suitable size for the number of delegates attending.
- Miscellaneous Info
Start time: 08:45End time: 17:00
- Dates & Locations