New Roads & Street Works for Supervisors (Units 1, 10 -14 & 16)
- Who Attends
The NRSWA training course is designed for Supervisors who are required to monitor Operatives performing excavation, backfill and reinstatement duties.
- The Aim
The NRSWA training course aims to provide delegates with the skills and knowledge to perform Supervisor duties to the standards prescribed by City & Guilds in-line with the NRSW Act 1991, in order to safeguard themselves and others.
- Course Content
The NRSWA course content includes:
• Location and avoidance of underground apparatus.
• Monitoring signing, lighting and guarding.
• Monitoring excavation in the highway.
• Monitoring reinstatement of compaction and backfill materials.
• Monitoring reinstatement of sub-base and road base non-bituminous materials.
• Monitoring reinstatement of bituminous materials.
• Monitoring reinstatement of concrete slabs.
• Monitoring reinstatement of modular surfaces and concrete footways.
By the end of the NRSWA course delegates will be able to:
• Summarise the requirements of the current NRSW Act.
• Select appropriate personal protective and safety equipment as required to carry out street works activities.
• Monitor duties performed by Operatives for each unit and/or qualification as prescribed by City & Guilds. Standards in-line with current legislation, and ACOP where applicable.
• Provide a safe working environment for themselves and others.
A high proportion of practical exercises and simulated assessments will be supplemented with video and classroom based tutorials. Supervisors have to demonstrate the ability to monitor a site and compile written reports in order to successfully complete the course.
A training group may contain a mix of both Supervisors and Operatives; however, a minimum of 2 Operatives must be available for Supervisors to carry out monitoring exercises, thus enabling the most effective development of these candidates.
- Additional Info
There are 8 units for Supervisors and a separate certificate is issued for each. In addition, various combinations of the units will lead to a full Street Works qualification for which an SWQR card will be awarded.
Delegates should provide a passport photograph on the day of training for production of SWQR Cards.
Delegates should inform their trainer if they have any serious health issues, physical problems, special considerations or are taking any medication, which may create difficulties in undertaking elements of this training course.
- Miscellaneous Info
Start time: 08:00End time: 17:00
- Dates & Locations