Scaffold Safety Awareness
- Who Attends
Engineers, Supervisors, Operatives, or any person(s) who encounter steel tube and fitting scaffolds as part of their working duties or on an irregular basis.
- The Aim
To enable the delegates to be reasonably aware of the various types of scaffold, their uses and construction, faults most commonly encountered, and safe methods, within the job role, to deal with them.
- Course Content
• Applicable legislation, BSEN12811 part 1, HSE recommendations, current industry practice and SG4:15.
• Working platforms and their safe working loads.
• The appreciation of all types of independent, putlog scaffolding.
By the end of the training course delegates will be able to:
• Understand the requirements of the relevant legislation, British Standards Code of Practice and industry standards.
• Identify the safe working loads for working platforms.
• Differentiate between various scaffold systems and for what purpose they should be used.
• Understand statutory inspections of basic independent tied and putlog scaffolds.
A mix of theoretical classroom based studies and practical sit assessments.
In order to pass the course delegates will need to successfully complete a post-course assessment paper.
- Additional Info
Delegates should provide their own personal protective clothing in a clean and working order which includes safety helmets, protective gloves, hi vis and safety footwear.
Delegates should provide a passport photograph on the day of training for production of ID Cards.
Delegates should inform their trainer if they have any serious health issues, physical problems, special considerations or are taking any medication, which may create difficulties in undertaking elements of this training course.
For training held at your own location, please ensure that the classroom you make available has a 240v power supply and is a suitable size for the number of delegates attending. Please ensure that the practical area has been risk assessed, is free from harm and is suitable for training. A suitable scaffold should also be available for the practical exercise.
- Dates & Locations