Legislation is subject to reform to ensure the safest, most productive, high quality and correct work is carried out in all aspects of building and construction. As such, the Construction Design Management (CDM) 2015 regulations affect the management process of construction projects and sites.
The CDM is essential in construction. It sets out to improve health and safety in the industry by helping workers to
- sensibly plan work and effectively manage risk throughout
- have the appropriate workers for the tasks at hand
- Effectively collaborate and coordinate your work with others
- source information about the risks involved and effective management
- communicate this information and more effectively to all relevant parties
- consult and engage with workers about the risks and how to manage them
This Citrus Training certified Construction Design Management 2015 Awareness Training course will provide a general overview of the legislative requirements while taking delegates through the principal requirements of the Regulations. They will also look at all relevant parties' roles, duties, and relationships. These roles include the Client, Principal Designer, Designer, Principal Contractor or Contractor as defined by 2015 regulations.
This course is available online or through classroom-based exercises and tutorials featuring best practice sharing and covers legislative and practical knowledge and awareness of site safety.
The course reflects national standards and industry best practices and is fully accredited in line with regulations. Choose to learn with Citrus, and delegates benefit from our custom-built training facilities and customer-first approach.
Our occupationally and technically-experienced educators will coach and assess delegates throughout this one-day course through verbal questions and group discussion.
This training is essential for anyone working in construction to ensure site health, safety and welfare are not only implemented but considered the top priority in all operations. Delegates will review legal requirements, learn safety measures, ensure compliance, and understand procedures.
The course will take delegates through
- aims and objectives set out by HSE for the CDM regulations 2015, including the purpose of revised regulations
- critical elements to securing construction health and safety
- regulation definitions and application
- notifiable and non-notifiable project thresholds
- regulatory requirements applying to all construction activities and the of responsibilities of relevant duty holders
- additional requirements relating to notifiable duties and responsibilities of relevant duty holders
- key CDM regulations 2015 documentation
- role-specific guidance documents
- HSE Red, Amber and Green Lists
On completing this Citrus CDM 2015 Awareness Training course, delegates will have an understanding of:
- CDM regulations 2015 philosophy
- notification threshold application
- Key role duties as defined in the CDM regulations 2015
- CDM 2015 key documentation
And be able to summarise
- CDM regulations 2015 principal requirements
- key elements of managing construction health and safety
- the duties and responsibilities of those involved in critical phases of construction projects
Who Should Attend?
This Citrus CDM Awareness Training course is for anyone involved in construction management or who engages others to carry out construction work or projects on their behalf. Taking this course will add valuable knowledge and qualification to anyone looking to further their career within the construction industry.
This one-day course trains delegates to understand the challenges, processes and fundamentals of Construction Design Management legislation and regulations. The course can be taken face-to-face or virtually, at one of our venues or we can come to you.
Citrus Training is one of the UK's largest and most trusted training providers of accredited courses. Our name is synonymous with quality and customer experience as we work tirelessly to provide exemplary service to our clients and produce excellent results from our delegates. As a result, we are the leading UK-based provider of health, safety, and technical training and assessment services to the Built Environment and Utility sectors.
We have nearly 20 years of experience in delivering health, safety, technical training, and professional qualifications. We train delegates in our industry-leading facilities nationwide, helping to bring together the optimum mix of solutions, ensuring you apply the hierarchy of risk control most effectively. Our in-house and employed assessors and trainers deliver exceptional training standards, consistency, and quality, resulting in unrivalled training practices and processes. And with some courses available virtually, we can keep industry standards high, no matter where they train from.
Clients can take advantage of our fully-managed delivery, offering regional engagement, skills and competency management, skills cards and test management services, ensuring all bases are covered. The result is market-leading training practices and services, serving businesses and customers across the country.
Things You Need to Know
For CDM training held at your location, please ensure that the classroom available has a 240v power supply and is suitable for the number of delegates attending.
In addition, delegates must inform their trainer of any serious health issues, physical problems, special considerations or are taking any medication so that we can make adjustments where possible.
Over 100+ training centres nationwide, with 150+ technical trainers, delivering upwards of 250+ courses to over 40,000+ delegates each year. Thats why we're the UK's trusted training provider.