While typically associated with farming, the Agricultural Tractor is also a valuable and commonplace piece of equipment in construction and civil engineering. Ideal for transporting earth and materials over challenging terrain and more specific activities such as:
- towing fuel and water bowsers
- dampening down dust
- land clearing
- heavy brush mowing
- moving heavy materials
- road clearing
They are also suitable for working with attachments such as a backhoe or a fork. Proving to be a must-have on-site, projects using tractors in this way include the massive HS2 network works.
This CPCS Agricultural Tractor A33 training gives delegates the practical skills and theoretical knowledge of relevant operational and safety requirements applicable to agricultural tractor operators working in the construction industry, civil engineering and other allied environments.
Through a mix of practical and theory-based exercises and tutorials, delegates will cover manufacturer, and general knowledge and awareness of lifting operations use while participating in practical plant operating activities, safety procedures, and best practices when using an agricultural tractor.
The course reflects national standards and industry best practices and is fully accredited in line with regulations. In addition, choose to learn with Citrus, and we can tailor cours es to fit your specific training needs, with the added flexibility provided by our custom-built training facilities and customer-first approach to how we work.
Our occupationally and technically-experienced trainers coach delegates on this course, completing the session with a question and answer paper and practical assessment to follow. They must pass the assessment to qualify for the CPCS Red Trained Operator Card.
This training is for anyone who needs to operate an agricultural tractor on-site. Delegates will review legal requirements, ensure safety compliance, and understand procedures, documentation, and classifications. We can arrange pre-test training and assessment where required.
The course content includes:
- The nature of the industry sector and their role and responsibilities as a plant operator
- Naming and explaining the purpose, construction, controls and terminology of principle components of an agricultural tractor
- Manufacturer’s requirements as per the operators' handbook, additional information sources and relevant regulations and legislation
- All relevant documentation for working with an agricultural tractor
- All pre-use checks on the agricultural tractor
- Configuring the agricultural tractor for travel
- Travelling the agricultural tractor to an area of work
- Manoeuvring in confined spaces with trailed and mounted implements
- Attaching and setting trailed implements ready for work
- Attaching and setting mounted tools ready for work
- Attaching and setting power take-off drives prepared for work
- Action required to work with hazards, underground and overhead services
- Operating a mounted or power-driven implement
- Removing and storing trailed and mounted implements
- All shutdown and securing procedures for an agricultural tractor
- Loading and unloading procedures for transporting an agricultural tractor
- How to create and maintain safe working situations
At the end of the training, successful delegates will qualify for their Red Trained Operator CPCS Card, valid for two years.
Who Should Attend?
The CPCS Agricultural Tractor A33 course is suitable for anyone requiring training to operate an agricultural tractor on-site.
This comprehensive training has varying options depending on the level of participant:
- Novice - three days – with a maximum of two delegates
- Prep and test – two days, one day training and one day testing for maximum of two delegates
- Test – one day with maximum two delegates
One-to-one and group training options are also available. Please get in touch with our friendly team to find out more.
We dedicate our efforts to unrivalled quality and the customer experience at Citrus Training, working tirelessly to provide exemplary service to our clients and produce excellent results from our delegates. As a result, we are the leading UK-based provider of health, safety, and technical training and assessment services to the Built Environment and Utility sectors.
We have over 30 specialist Plant and Lifting trainers and assessors, coaching and testing nationwide to meet any specific needs of our clients. With a wealth of experience and expertise, they have successfully trained over 25,000 delegates across the Plant and NVQ training categories.
Our facilities include six technical centres with the capacity for delivering Plant Training across the UK. And our national, accredited Training and Test Centres are fully equipped to provide CPCS and CSCS accredited courses. In addition, as an approved NPORS training provider, we can also offer on-site training and testing nationwide.
Finally, as an Approved Training Organisation (ATO) by CITB, we provide quality training that meets the industry-approved standards.
Things You Need to Know
To participate, all delegates need to have passed the CSCS Health, Safety and Environment touchscreen test for Operatives within the last two years.
This CPCS Certifed course has practical elements. Delegates must inform their trainer if they have any serious health issues or special considerations that may create difficulties in participating.
If you are a CITB Levy payer, you can claim a CITB Grant for this course. Once you have booked please contact us with your CITB number and we can assist you in claiming the funds.
This card is valid for two years per category, and within this time, they must complete the NVQ to convert from the Red CPCS card to the Blue CPCS card, which is valid for five ye ars.
No, this training needs to be done at an accredited test centre.
The majority have to be done at an CPCS accredited centre, some are off centre such as Crawler Crane.
NOCN’s online card checker at https://www.nocnjobcards.org/card-checker/ can be used to check a CPCS card. Please note to make a valid search, you must enter two items of information, one of which must be Individual ID/Registration Number or National Insurance Number. For example: Surname & Card Number, Surname & NI Number, DOB & Card Number, or DOB and NI Number.
Over 100+ training centres nationwide, with 150+ technical trainers, delivering upwards of 250+ courses to over 40,000+ delegates each year. Thats why we're the UK's trusted training provider.