Ideal for soft, uneven land and hills, the tracked excavator 360 is a powerful digging machine and is a mainstay in heavy construction works. The 360 element means it can excavate large amounts of materials and move them anywhere within the vehicle's radius. Operated from a cab on the rotating base consisting of a boom, dipper, and bucket, the excavator travels on tracks or wheels around the site. Operating such a large and impressive machine requires attention and skill to ensure the safety of everyone involved and a job well done.
This Experienced CPCS 360 Excavator A59 certification tests 360 excavator operators working in the construction industry and allied environments. It is specifically aimed at Plant Operators who are experienced in excavation but require practical and theory-based assessment on an Excavator 360 with tracks and handling 10 tonnes+.
With a mix of practical and theory, delegates will review their already in-depth knowledge of an Excavator 360, participating in practical activities of best practices and operating methods for more complex operations.
Specifically, delegates will be assessed in line with the following, depending on the machine:
Endorsement A -Tracked – Learning how the chassis has reversible crawler hydraulically-driven tracks for mobility
Endorsement B – Wheeled - Learning how the chassis has multi (usually twin) axles with rubberised tyres and hydraulically-driven mobility
And you have the option of adding:
Endorsement C – Lifting Operations – How to lift, move, travel and place a variety of slung loads
The course reflects national standards and industry best practices and is fully accredited in line with CPCS regulations. In addition, choose to learn with Citrus, and we can tailor courses to fit your specific training needs, with the added flexibility provided by our custom-built training facilities and customer-first approach to how we work.
Our occupationally and technically-experienced trainers deliver this course, completing the session with a practical observation and short theory test. Delegates must pass all assessments to qualify for the CPCS Red Trained Operator card, valid for two years.
This test is essential for workers to operate a tracked Excavator 360 safely. Delegates will review legal requirements, ensure safety compliance, and understand procedures, appropriate documentation and classifications.
Delegates will be tested on:
- Health & Safety legislation, including lifting operations, lifting equipment regulations and lifting signals to BS7121
- Pre-start and running checks on the machine
- Setting the excavator for site travel and relevant duties
- Travelling over differing types of terrain, including undulating ground and slope
- Manoeuvring in confined areas using forward and reverse direction
- Creating a vertical trench to the specified dimensions
- Completing a square excavation with vertical sides at the end of the dug trench
- Loading material into a vehicle
- Removing the bucket and replacing it with an alternative
- Lifting, loading and rotating to the appropriate degrees and radius
- Reinstating a work area back to the original state
- Shutdown and secure procedures
- Loading and unloading procedures on and off a transporter
Successful delegates will:
- Understand and recognise their learned endorsement
- Have excellent knowledge of health & safety legislation, including lifting operations, lifting equipment regulations and lifting signals to BS7121
- Be able to carry out pre-start and running checks on the machine
- Be confident to set the excavator for site travel and relevant duties
- Travel over differing types of terrain, including undulating ground and slope
- Manoeuvre in confined areas using forward and reverse direction
- Create a vertical trench to the specified dimensions
- Complete a square excavation with vertical sides at the end of the dug trench
- Know the correct procedure to load material into a vehicle
- Be able to remove the bucket and replace it with an alternative
- Lifting, loading and rotating to the appropriate degrees and radius
- Reinstate a work area back to the original state
- Apply shutdown and secure procedures
- Apply loading and unloading procedures on and off a transporter
On passing the test delegates receive their renewed Red Trained Operator CPCS card, valid for two years.
Who Should Attend?
This Experienced CPCS A59 Tracked Excavator 360 qualification is suitable for people with sufficient knowledge and practical experience to pass the theory and practical element for the CPCS Trained Operator Card. We can arrange pre-test training and assessments, contact our friendly team for more information here.
This is a one-day test for a maximum of two experienced operators. Delegates are notified on the day whether they pass or fail.
Prep and refresher training is available and we can offer one-to-one or group packages. The course duration will vary if this is to be added.
We dedicate our efforts to unrivalled quality and the customer experience at Citrus Training, working tirelessly to provide exemplary service to our clients and produce excellent results from our delegates. As a result, we are the leading UK-based provider of health, safety, and technical training and assessment services to the Built Environment and Utility sectors.
We have over 30 specialist Plant and Lifting trainers and assessors, coaching and testing nationwide to meet any specific needs of our clients. With a wealth of experience and expertise, they have successfully trained over 25,000 delegates across the Plant and NVQ training categories.
Our facilities include six technical centres with the capacity for delivering Plant Training across the UK. And our national, accredited Training and Test Centres are fully equipped to provide CPCS and CSCS accredited courses. In addition, as an approved NPORS training provider, we can also offer on-site training and testing nationwide.
Finally, as an Approved Training Organisation by CITB, we provide quality training that meets the industry-approved standards (ATO).
Things You Need to Know
All delegates must have passed the CSCS Health, Safety and Environment touchscreen test for Operatives within the past two years and show proof of qualification to take this course.
The training has practical elements, so delegates must inform their trainer if they have any serious health issues, physical problems, special considerations or are taking any medication, which may create difficulties in conducting elements of this training course.
If you are a CITB Levy payer, you can claim a CITB Grant for this course. Once you have booked please contact us with your CITB number and we can assist you in claiming the funds.
Yes, after gaining this card you will automatically gain the excavator 360 under 10T qualification as well.
Over 100+ training centres nationwide, with 150+ technical trainers, delivering upwards of 250+ courses to over 40,000+ delegates each year. Thats why we're the UK's trusted training provider.