The tracked excavator 360 is a powerful digging machine. Rotating 360° allows it to excavate large amounts of materials and move them anywhere within the vehicle's radius. Operators manoeuvre from a cab on the rotating base with a boom, dipper, and bucket, travelling on tracks or wheels around the site. This large and critical machine requires knowledge and skill to ensure the safety of everyone involved.
This CPCS Tracked A58 certification tests the understanding of relevant operational and safety requirements for operators working in the construction industry and allied environments. It is specifically aimed at Plant Operators with experience in excavation under 10 tonnes who require practical and theory-based assessment on a tracked Excavator 360 handling 10 tonnes or less.
Through a mix of practical and theory-based exercises, delegates will cover manufacturer information and general knowledge of a tracked Excavator 360 and participate in practical activities to test their recognition of machine components and functions, best practices, and operating methods.
Specifically, delegates will be assessed in line with the following, depending on the machine:
- Endorsement A -Tracked – Operating a chassis that has reversible crawler hydraulically-driven tracks for mobility.
- Endorsement B – Wheeled - Operating a chassis that has multi (usually Twin) axles with rubberised tyres, and hydraulically-drive mobility.
And you have the option of adding:
- Endorsement C – Lifting operations – Able to lift, move, travel and place a variety of slung loads.
The test reflects national standards and industry best practices and is fully accredited in line with CPCS regulations. In addition, choose to learn with Citrus, and delegates benefit from our custom-built training facilities and customer-first approach.
Our occupationally and technically-experienced trainers assess delegates with a practical test and question and answer theory. Delegates must pass all assessments to qualify for the CPCS Red Trained Operator card, valid for two years.
This plant test is essential for workers to operate a tracked Excavator 360 safely. Delegates will review legal requirements, ensure safety compliance, and understand procedures, appropriate documentation and classifications.
The test content includes:
- Understanding of current Health & Safety legislation, including lifting operations, lifting equipment regulations and lifting signals to BS7121
- Carrying out pre-start and running checks on the machine
- Setting the excavator for site travel
- Travelling over differing types of terrain, including undulating ground and slope
- Manoeuvring in confined areas using forward and reverse direction
- Setting the excavator for relevant duties
- Producing a vertical trench to the specified dimensions
- Completing a square excavation with vertical sides at the end of the dug trench
- Loading material into a vehicle
- Removing the bucket and replacing it with an alternative
- Lifting the load from the minimum radius, position the load at 75% of the full radius and rotate for a minimum of 180 degrees. On completion, they’ll land the load at a given point and detach
- Reinstating the work area back to the original state
- All shutdown and secure procedures
- Loading and unloading procedures on and off a transporter
On passing the test, delegates receive their Red Trained Operator CPCS card, valid for two years.
Who Should Attend?
This CPCS A58 Excavator 360 qualification is for experienced operators who need to take an test to operate the machine.
This is a one-day test for a maximum of two experienced operators. Preparatory training options are available. Delegates are notified on the day whether they pass or fail.
Prep and refresher training is available and we can offer one-to-one or group packages. The course duration will vary if this is to be added.
We dedicate our efforts to unrivalled quality and the customer experience at Citrus Training, working tirelessly to provide exemplary service to our clients and produce excellent results from our delegates. As a result, we are the leading UK-based provider of health, safety, and technical training and assessment services to the Built Environment and Utility sectors.
We have over 30 specialist Plant and Lifting trainers and assessors, coaching and testing nationwide to meet any specific needs of our clients. With a wealth of experience and expertise, they have successfully trained over 25,000 delegates across the Plant and NVQ training categories.
Our facilities include six technical centres with the capacity for delivering Plant Training across the UK. And our national, accredited Training and Test Centres are fully equipped to provide CPCS and CSCS accredited courses. In addition, as an approved NPORS training provider, we can also offer on-site training and testing nationwide.
Finally, as an Approved Training Organisation (ATO) by CITB, we provide quality training that meets the industry-approved standards.
Things You Need to Know
All delegates must have passed the CSCS Health, Safety and Environment touchscreen test for Operatives within the past two years and show proof of qualification to take this course.
The assessment has practical elements, so delegates must inform their trainer if they have any serious health issues, physical problems, special considerations or are taking any medication, which may create difficulties in any elements of this course.
If you are a CITB Levy payer, you can claim a CITB Grant for this course. Once you have booked please contact us with your CITB number and we can assist you in claiming the funds.
Yes - delegates need to have a good understanding of the English language to take the test.
No, but there are practical elements, so delegates must inform their trainer if there is anything they need to consider before starting.
Yes. All delegates must have passed the CSCS Health, Safety and Environment touchscreen test for Operatives within the past two years and show proof of qualification before taking this assessment.
No, this test needs to be taken at an accredited test centre.
Over 100+ training centres nationwide, with 150+ technical trainers, delivering upwards of 250+ courses to over 40,000+ delegates each year. Thats why we're the UK's trusted training provider.