The Forward Tipping Dumper is the construction industry’s robust and reliable solution for transporting various materials to and from site and on-site throughout the day. With the load held at the front of the machine and the driver sitting behind, it is ideal for undulating surface travel and can carry various materials. However, operators must not overfill the truck, apply careful and skilful handling, and know about excavation site driving and stability.
This CPCS Forward Tipping Dumper (A09) certification will test the knowledge, and understanding the delegate has of safely using a Forward Tipping Dumper, wheeled (A) and tracked (B). It is specifically aimed at Plant Operators with experience of using Forward Tipping Dumpers and need to take their test to receive their CPCS Red Operator Card.
Depending on the experience of the delegate, Citrus can offer refresher training or the delegate can opt to just take their CPCS test. The theory test will take delegates through their general knowledge of a Forward Tipping Dumper. In addition, they’ll participate in practical activities to test their knowledge of components and functions, best practices, and operating methods.
The course reflects national standards and industry best practices and is fully accredited in line with CPCS regulations. In addition, choose to learn with Citrus, and delegates will benefit from our custom-built training facilities and customer-first approach.
Our occupationally and technically-experienced trainers will guide delegates through the theory and practical tests. Delegates must pass the examination to qualify for the Red Trained Operator CPCS Card, valid for two years.
This training is essential for workers to operate a Forward Tipping Dumper safely. Delegates will review legal requirements, ensure safety compliance, and understand procedures, appropriate documentation and classifications.
The test content includes:
- Basic construction, component names and the purpose and use of all controls and gauges
- Use of the operator's handbook and other relevant information sources
- Pre-use, start, running checks and shut-down procedures
- Preparing the dumper for site and road travel
- Travelling over different terrain, including rough, undulating ground, while unloaded and loaded
- Travelling up and down substantial inclines while loaded and unloaded
- Manoeuvring - progressing to confined spaces in a forward and reverse direction
- Positioning the dumper to receive loads
- Understanding loading and unloading procedures on and off a transporter
At the end of the test, successful delegates will:
- Have a working knowledge of the manufacturer’s handbook for the Forward Tipping Dumper
- Confidently locate and identify the major components of the dumper and explain their functions
- Be able to locate and identify critical controls and explain their functions
- Conduct all pre-operational and running checks following manufacturer's and legislative requirements
- Be able to prepare a Forward Tipping Dumper or use and operate the machine safely and efficiently
- Perform specific loading and unloading tasks and compacting operations as practised throughout the course
- Confidently carry out all end of work and shut down procedures
On successful completion of the test, delegates receive their Red Trained Operators CPCS Card, valid for two years.
Who Should Attend?
This course is for experienced Plant Operators who have sufficient knowledge and practical experience to pass the theory and practical test to gain their CPCS Red Card in using a Forward Tipping Dumper. Citrus can arrange pre-test training and evaluation on request.
This comprehensive course tests delegates to safely and responsibly operate a Forward Tipping Dumper on and off-site.
Test Only - 1 day with a maximum of three delegates
We can also offer refresher and preparation and testing training for one-to-one's and groups. Please get in touch with our team to find out more.
We dedicate our efforts to unrivalled quality and the customer experience at Citrus Training, working tirelessly to provide exemplary service to our clients and produce excellent results from our delegates. As a result, we are the leading UK-based provider of health, safety, and technical training and assessment services to the Built Environment and Utility sectors.
We have over 30 specialist Plant and Lifting trainers and assessors, coaching and testing nationwide to meet any specific needs of our clients. With a wealth of experience and expertise, they have successfully trained over 25,000 delegates across the Plant and NVQ training categories.
Our facilities include six technical centres with the capacity for delivering Plant Training across the UK. And our national, accredited Training and Test Centres are fully equipped to provide CPCS and CSCS accredited courses. In addition, as an approved NPORS training provider, we can also offer on-site training and testing nationwide.
Finally, as an Approved Training Organisation (ATO) by CITB, we provide quality training that meets the industry-approved standards.
Things You Need to Know
This CPCS Certifed course has practical elements, so delegates must inform their trainer if they have any serious health issues, physical problems, special considerations or are taking any medication, which may create difficulties in any elements of the training.
Delegates must pass their health, safety and environmental touch test within two years of taking their CPCS theory test.
If you are a CITB Levy payer, you can claim a CITB Grant for this course. Once you have booked please contact us with your CITB number and we can assist you in claiming the funds.
Over 100+ training centres nationwide, with 150+ technical trainers, delivering upwards of 250+ courses to over 40,000+ delegates each year. Thats why we're the UK's trusted training provider.