This course is delivered in association with Phoenix Health and Safety.
Improving the safety culture at work is essential to onboard teams and workers to a better and safer way of working. By working on improving safety, employers can reduce risk to workers and those around them, following legislation and CDM regulations to create a productive environment.
Delivering this improvement training is The National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health (NEBOSH) - a leading global provider of health, safety and environmental qualifications. With internationally recognised qualifications, NEBOSH works to increase the competence of safety and environmental professionals and individuals at all levels in the workplace.
This NEBOSH Construction Certificate course allows employers to improve the safety culture within their organisation, helping them to minimise workplace risks and injuries by equipping delegates with a sound understanding of workplace risk and complying with the Construction Design and Management (CDM) Regulations.
Case studies, relatable scenarios, and discussions combined with practical activities take delegates through construction health and safety fundamentals and knowledge of relevant legislation.
Delegates complete the session at home with a written examination relating to a real-life scenario. They have 48 hours to complete the paper and must pass the assessment to receive a NEBOSH Health and Safety Management for Construction Certificate.
This NEBOSH course teaches delegates to recognise and understand workplace health, safety and culture. In addition, delegates will review legal requirements, ensure safety compliance, and understand procedures and appropriate documentation in a course that meets all requirements specified by NEBOSH.
The course content includes:
- Health and Safety culture and importance
- CDM (Construction Design and Management) roles and responsibilities
- Assessing construction site risk
- Managing change
- Working with mobile plant and vehicles
- Work equipment
- Electrical safety
- Fire safety
- Chemical and biological health hazards and Risk Control
- Physical & Psychological Health
- Working at Height
- Excavation and demolition
- Demolition and deconstruction, including hazards and risk control
Successful delegates will have the knowledge, skill, and confidence to recognise and implement health and safety best practices and procedures. They will:
- Effectively manage health and safety on a construction site
- Identify and control common construction workplace hazards
- Understand the UK legal requirements for managing construction health and safety
- Recognise critical elements of health and safety management systems
- Know client, designer, principal designer, principal contractor and contractor duties under the Construction Regulations 2015
- Conduct and participate in incident investigations
- Apply principles and practice of risk assessment
- Identify and assess construction workplace hazards, including excavation, working at height, demolition and workplace transport safety
- Know how to control identified workplace hazards within the construction industry
- Advise on duties under constructions legislation
- Manage contractors safely
Who Should Attend?
This NEBOSH course delivers the knowledge foundations construction professionals need to build their careers. It is ideal for:
- Construction Site Managers and Supervisors
- Contractor Managers
- Construction Health and Safety Advisors
NEBOSH Health and Safety Management for Construction (UK) will involve a minimum of 68 teaching hours and approximately 40 hours of private study and background reading to prepare for the 48-hour open book examination.
The course duration depends on the study method:
We dedicate our efforts to unrivalled quality and the customer experience at Citrus Training. As a result, we are the leading UK-based provider of health, safety and technical training and assessment services to the Built Environment and Utility sectors.
Citrus Training are an approved agent for NEBOSH with Phoenix Health & Safety who deliver the training.
Citrus Training serves 85 of the top 100 building services companies in the market. With nearly 20-years of sector-specific experience, we’ve gained invaluable training experiences and knowledge to pass on to our delegates.
Our Health and Safety At Work training is accredited, regulated, and has exceptionally high standards. Assessing short and long-term workplace risks, we teach and promote current industry and legislative requirements to ensure delegates take them forward into their daily working lives.
Our occupationally experienced Health and Safety educators have successfully trained over 60,000 delegates across the Health and Safety At Work training category. Delivering courses at our nationwide, industry-leading and accredited training centres and offering the very best of training standards and quality assurance.
Things You Need to Know
To qualify for this certificate, delegates must attend every module and complete the post-course assessment and workplace project.
Delegates must bring a passport photograph to training so we can issue ID cards.
Over 100+ training centres nationwide, with 150+ technical trainers, delivering upwards of 250+ courses to over 40,000+ delegates each year. Thats why we're the UK's trusted training provider.