A dozer is a tracked vehicle equipped with a metal blade for pushing material. So whether its job is to load and manoeuvre as a tractor or dig and push as a dozer, it does so on tracks, not wheels. With tracking, the vehicles are ideal for land clearing and land levelling works, and with a larger surface area in contact with the ground below, pressure is reduced, causing less damage as a result of a more even traverse than its wheeled counterpart.
This NPORS Dozer N215 qualification enables delegates to demonstrate skill, knowledge, and competence operating a bulldozer on site.
In a mix of practical and theory-based exercises and tutorials, delegates will cover manufacturer and general knowledge and awareness of dozers and participate in practical activities to learn best practices and operating methods to use them.
The course reflects national standards and industry best practices and is fully accredited in line with NPORS regulations. In addition, choose to learn with Citrus, and delegates will benefit from our custom-built training facilities and customer-first approach.
Our occupationally and technically-experienced trainers guide delegates on this course, completing the session with a practical observation and short answer question paper. They must pass the assessment to qualify for the:
- NPORS/CSCS Construction Plant Operator Card, valid for two years.
- Traditional Operators card, valid for three to five years depending on sector-specific or in-company requirements
Delegates taking this NPORS Dozer N215 training will cover knowledge, skills and operating practice.
Course content includes:
- Roles and responsibilities as a plant operator
- Recognise principal components and their functions, basic construction, controls and terminology
- Manufacturer’s requirements following operator’s handbook, relevant regulations and legislation
- All pre-use checks for crawler tractors and dozers
- Configuring and setting for site travel
- Travelling over rough, undulating ground, substantial inclines and level surfaces
- Manoeuvring in confined spaces
- Configuring and setting ready for excavating duties
- Hazards, underground and overhead services
- Excavations in various types of ground
- Constructing ramps and forming and shaping stockpiles
- Grading, spreading and levelling ground and materials
- All shutdown and securing procedures
- Loading and unloading procedures for crawler transportation
Upon successfully completing this qualification, delegates will confidently:
- Understand legal requirements and responsibility to operate a crawler safely
- Identify potential hazards on crawler machines and their risks
- Select the appropriate machinery and PPE required for the work
- Choose correct safety equipment and carry out dozer pre-use checks
- Be able to transport dozer machinery and any ancillary equipment correctly
- Conduct a practical exercise in a safe and efficient manner
- Safely load and unload a crawler for transportation
- Travel over rough, undulating and level terrain
- Manoeuvre in confined spaces
On successful completion of the course:
Construction industry delegates
Operators will receive a Trained Operator CSCS/NPORS Card valid for two years from the test date.
In order to upgrade your CSCS/NPORS card you need to achieve the requisite (S)NVQ with the units applicable to the category (S) of plant held on their trained operator card
Non-construction industry delegates
Anyone operating in industry sectors other than construction is not required to hold an operator card bearing the CSCS logo and can have the NPORS (Traditional) Operator Card.
End users can select three or five-year registrations for this card depending on sector-specific or in-company requirements.
Who Should Attend?
This Dozer N215 NPORS Certification is for Plant Operators who need to gain a qualification in operating a Bulldozer.
It is ideal for delegates to have some machinery experience, however, it is not mandatory.
There are three routes with NPORS for training to operate a Dozer accommodating novices and seasoned delegates:
Novice training - ten days with a maximum of three delegates
Refresher training – two days with day one for training and day two for assessment with a maximum of three delegates
Assessment only - one-day session with a maximum of four delegates
Dedicated group training and one-to-one courses are available. Contact us to find out more.
We dedicate our efforts to unrivalled quality and the customer experience at Citrus Training, working tirelessly to provide exemplary service to our clients and produce excellent results from our delegates. As a result, we are the leading UK-based provider of health, safety, and technical training and assessment services to the Built Environment and Utility sectors.
We have over 30 specialist Plant and Lifting trainers and assessors, coaching and testing nationwide to meet any specific needs of our clients. With a wealth of experience and expertise, they have successfully trained over 25,000 delegates across the Plant and NVQ training categories.
Our facilities include six technical centres with the capacity for delivering Plant Training across the UK. And our national, accredited Training and Test Centres are fully equipped to provide CPCS and CSCS accredited courses. In addition, as an approved NPORS training provider, we can also offer on-site training and testing nationwide.
Finally, as an Approved Training Organisation (ATO) by CITB, we provide quality training that meets the industry-approved standards.
Things You Need to Know
All delegates must have passed the CSCS Health, Safety and Environment touchscreen test for Operatives within the past two years and show proof of qualification to take this course.
Delegates must be 18 or over. Before starting the course, they must inform their trainer of any special considerations, medication or physical restrictions that may cause difficulties in any part of the training.
A CITB grant is available for companies registered with the Construction Industry Training Board (CITB). Enquire to learn more about funding options.
If you are a CITB Levy payer, you can claim a CITB Grant for this course. Once you have booked please contact us with your CITB number and we can assist you in claiming the funds.
Over 100+ training centres nationwide, with 150+ technical trainers, delivering upwards of 250+ courses to over 40,000+ delegates each year. Thats why we're the UK's trusted training provider.