360 by name and design, the Excavator 360 is a mainstay in heavy construction works. A powerful digging machine sitting on a rotating base, the 360 element means it can excavate large amounts of materials and move them anywhere within the vehicle's radius. Operators work from a cab on the rotating base, using a boom, dipper, and bucket to move material and travel around the site on tracks or wheels. Workers require a high level of attention and skill to use this machine productively and ensure the safety of everyone involved.
This NPORS Excavator 360 N202 certification delivers the necessary skills, knowledge, and understanding of an Excavator 360 and safely operate it. It’s specifically aimed at Plant Operators who require practical and theory-based training and assessment on an Excavator 360.
With a mix of practical and theory-based exercises and tutorials, delegates will cover manufacturer and general knowledge and awareness of an Excavator 360 and participate in physical activities to recognise machine components and functions, best practices and operating methods.
The course reflects national standards and industry best practices and is fully accredited in line with regulations. In addition, choose to learn with Citrus and delegates benefit from our custom-built training facilities and customer-first approach.
Our occupationally and technically-experienced trainers coach delegates on this course, completing the session with a practical assessment and short written theory test. They must pass the assessment to qualify for:
- NPORS/CSCS Construction Plant Operator Card, valid for two years.
- Traditional Operators card, valid for three to five years depending on sector-specific or in-company requirements
Whether a novice or experienced, this training is essential for workers to operate an Excavator 360 safely. Delegates will review legal requirements, ensure safety compliance, understand procedures and appropriate documentation and classifications.
Delegates on this course will learn:
- A basic understanding and the dangers of working in the industry, and their responsibilities as a plant operator
- Working knowledge of the manufacturer’s handbook for the particular machine
- How to locate and identify the major components of the machine and explain their functions
- To locate and identify steering, driving and braking controls and explain their functions
- How to Identify and maintain PPE appropriate for excavator use
- All the pre-operational checks following the manufacturer’s and legislative requirements
- Safe mounting and dismounting of the machine
- To start and stop the engine, move the machine and stop it safely
- How to configure the machine for travel and manoeuvre it safely on different terrain in open and confined areas
- All necessary safety checks at the work area
- How to excavate in different scenarios
- Correct procedures for loading material onto transporting vehicles or into containers
- How to reinstate excavation, grade and level ground to original contours
- How to fit and remove attachments
- To carry out all end of shift and shut down procedures
At the end of the training, successful delegates will:
- Have a working knowledge of the manufacturer’s handbook for the Excavator 360
- Confidently locate and identify the major components of the machine and explain their functions
- Be able to locate and identify key controls and explain their functions
- Conduct all pre-operational and running checks following manufacturer's and legislative requirements
- Be able to prepare an Excavator 360 for use and operate the machine safely and efficiently
- Be aware of environmental considerations and the impact their work has
- Confidently carry out all end of work and shut down procedures
On successful completion of the course:
Construction industry delegates
Operators will receive a Trained Operator CSCS/NPORS Card valid for two years from the test date.
In order to upgrade your CSCS/NPORS card you need to achieve the requisite (S)NVQ with the units applicable to the category (S) of plant held on their trained operator card
Non-construction industry delegates
Anyone operating in industry sectors other than construction is not required to hold an operator card bearing the CSCS logo and can have the NPORS (Traditional) Operator Card.
End users can select three or five-year registrations for this card depending on sector-specific or in-company requirements.
Who Should Attend?
This Excavator 360 NPORS Certification is for Plant Operators who need practical and theory training and assessment on an Excavator 360 to carry out their work. The course is available to those who need novice training and assessment-only options.
This comprehensive course trains delegates to safely and responsibly work with an excavator 360 on-site. The training options vary to accommodate novices and seasoned delegates:
Novice training - ten days with a maximum of three delegates
Refresher training – two days with day one for training and day two for assessment with a maximum of three delegates
Assessment only - one-day session with a maximum of four delegates
We dedicate our efforts to unrivalled quality and the customer experience at Citrus Training, working tirelessly to provide exemplary service to our clients and produce excellent results from our delegates. As a result, we are the leading UK-based provider of health, safety, and technical training and assessment services to the Built Environment and Utility sectors.
We have over 30 specialist Plant and Lifting trainers and assessors, coaching and testing nationwide to meet any specific needs of our clients. With a wealth of experience and expertise, they have successfully trained over 25,000 delegates across the Plant and NVQ training categories.
Our facilities include six technical centres with the capacity for delivering Plant Training across the UK. And our national, accredited Training and Test Centres are fully equipped to provide CPCS and CSCS accredited courses. In addition, as an approved NPORS training provider, we can also offer on-site training and testing nationwide.
Finally, as an Approved Training Organisation by CITB, we provide quality training that meets the industry-approved standards (ATO).
Things You Need to Know
This NPORS Excavator 360 training has practical elements, so delegates must inform their trainer if they have any serious health issues, physical problems, special considerations or are taking any medication, which may create difficulties in conducting elements of this training course.
For training held at your location, please ensure that the classroom you make available has a power supply and is a suitable size for the number of delegates attending. In addition, please ensure that the practical area has been risk-assessed, is free from harm, and is ideal for training.
If you are a CITB Levy payer, you can claim a CITB Grant for this course. Once you have booked please contact us with your CITB number and we can assist you in claiming the funds.
Over 100+ training centres nationwide, with 150+ technical trainers, delivering upwards of 250+ courses to over 40,000+ delegates each year. Thats why we're the UK's trusted training provider.