360 Material Handlers are critical on-site, aiding the movement of material wherever it is needed thanks to the 360 rotating arm on the Re-handler. Loading, unloading, processing and transporting various materials on site. The Material Re-handler 360 comes Wheeled or Tracked to suit the surface area it is working on and is operated with load bearings up to 5tonnes and up to 10tonnes. For this heavy-duty machine, safety and efficiency training are essential for the operator to keep themselves safe and also anyone working around the Re-handler and the large loads it moves.
This Material Re-handler NPORS certification delivers the necessary skills, knowledge, and understanding of safely using a Material Re-handler 360 and eliminating any bad habits present or forming in operation. It is specifically aimed at Plant Operators who require practical and theory-based training and assessment to use or work with a Material Re-handler 360.
A mix of practical and theory-based exercises and tutorials take delegates through manufacturer information and general knowledge of Material Re-handlers. In addition, they’ll participate in practical activities to recognise the machine’s components and functions, best practices and operating methods.
The course reflects national standards and industry best practices and is fully accredited in line with regulations. In addition, choose to learn with Citrus, and delegates will benefit from our custom-built training facilities and customer-first approach.
Our occupationally and technically-experienced trainers coach delegates on this course, completing the session with a practical observation and short answer question paper. They must pass the assessment to qualify for:
- NPORS/CSCS Construction Plant Operator Card, valid for two years.
- Traditional Operators card, valid for three to five years depending on sector-specific or in-company requirements
This training is essential for workers to operate a Material Re-handler 360 safely. Delegates will review legal requirements, ensure safety compliance, and understand procedures, appropriate documentation and classifications.
The learnings will take delegates through:
- Health and safety legislation relating to Plant Operators
- Theoretical knowledge of plant operations
- Material Re-handler operator's responsibilities, including daily/weekly checks of the machine
- All facets and functions of the equipment and the use of the Material Re-handler 360 operator's manual
- Safe and best practice in practical Material Re-handler 360 operating methods
- Configuring the Material Re-handler 360 for travel and manoeuvre it safely across varying terrain in open and confined areas
- Conducting necessary safety checks in the work area
- Loading material onto transporting vehicles, containers or processing plant
- Fitting and removing attachments
- Knowledge and understanding of loading and unloading procedures for Material Re-handler 360 transportation
At the end of the training, successful delegates will:
- Have a working knowledge of the manufacturer’s handbook for a Material Re-handler 360
- Confidently locate and identify the major components of the Material Re-handler 360 and explain their functions
- Be able to locate and identify key controls and explain their functions
- Conduct all pre-operational and running checks following manufacturer's and legislative requirements
- Be able to prepare a Material Re-handler 360 for use and operate the machine safely and efficiently following NPORS guidance
- Perform specific loading and unloading tasks and operations as practised throughout the course
- Confidently carry out all end of work and shut down procedures
On successful completion of the course:
Construction industry delegates
Operators will receive a Trained Operator CSCS/NPORS Card valid for two years from the test date.
In order to upgrade your CSCS/NPORS card you need to achieve the requisite (S)NVQ with the units applicable to the category (S) of plant held on their trained operator card
Non-construction industry delegates
Anyone operating in industry sectors other than construction is not required to hold an operator card bearing the CSCS logo and can have the NPORS (Traditional) Operator Card.
End users can select three or five-year registrations for this card depending on sector-specific or in-company requirements.
Who Should Attend?
This Material Re-handler 360 NPORS Certification is for Plant Operators who need practical and theoretical training and assessment to do their job. While it is ideal for delegates to have some machinery experience, it is not mandatory.
This comprehensive course trains delegates to safely and responsibly operate a Material Re-handler 360 on-site. The training options vary to accommodate novices and seasoned delegates:
Novice training - five days with a maximum of three delegates
Refresher training – two-day with a maximum of three delegates
Assessment only - one-day session with a maximum of four delegates
One-to-one and group training sessions are available. Please get in touch with the team to find out more.
We dedicate our efforts to unrivalled quality and the customer experience at Citrus Training, working tirelessly to provide exemplary service to our clients and produce excellent results from our delegates. As a result, we are the leading UK-based provider of health, safety, and technical training and assessment services to the Built Environment and Utility sectors.
We have over 30 specialist Plant and Lifting trainers and assessors, coaching and testing nationwide to meet any specific needs of our clients. With a wealth of experience and expertise, they have successfully trained over 25,000 delegates across the Plant and NVQ training categories.
Our facilities include six technical centres with the capacity for delivering Plant Training across the UK. And our national, accredited Training and Test Centres are fully equipped to provide CPCS and CSCS accredited courses. In addition, as an approved NPORS training provider, we can also offer on-site training and testing nationwide.
Finally, as an Approved Training Organisation (ATO) by CITB, we provide quality training that meets the industry-approved standards.
Things You Need to Know
This Material Re-handler 360 NPORS course has practical elements, so delegates must inform their trainer if they have any serious health issues, physical problems, special considerations or are taking any medication, which may create difficulties in any elements of the training.
For training held at your location, please ensure that the classroom you make available has a power supply and is a suitable size for the number of delegates attending. In addition, please ensure that the practical area has been risk-assessed, is free from harm, and is ideal for training.
If you are a CITB Levy payer, you can claim a CITB Grant for this course. Once you have booked please contact us with your CITB number and we can assist you in claiming the funds.
Over 100+ training centres nationwide, with 150+ technical trainers, delivering upwards of 250+ courses to over 40,000+ delegates each year. Thats why we're the UK's trusted training provider.