Correct transportation, loading and unloading of plant to and from site is critical, not only for production purposes but for the safety of the operatives, driver and other road users. With such heavy-duty machinery to position and ensure the integrity which are are often outsized and awkward with attachments, training is essential to avoid accidents and falling equipment. Loading is subject to standards and regulations - the Safety Of Loads On Vehicles from the Department Of Transport.
This Plant Loader Securer NPORS certification delivers the necessary skills, knowledge, and understanding of safely loading and unloading vehicles and eliminating any bad habits present or forming in operation. It is specifically aimed at Plant Operators who require practical and theory-based training and assessment to work as a Plant Loader Securer.
A mix of practical and theory-based exercises and tutorials take delegates through manufacturer information and general knowledge of loading and unloading plant. In addition, they’ll participate in practical activities, learning best practices and operating methods.
The course reflects national standards and industry best practices and is fully accredited in line with regulations. In addition, choose to learn with Citrus, and delegates will benefit from our custom-built training facilities and customer-first approach.
Our occupationally and technically-experienced trainers coach delegates on this course, completing the session with a practical observation and short answer question paper. They must pass the assessment to qualify for:
- NPORS/CSCS Construction Plant Operator Card, valid for two years.
- Traditional Operators card, valid for three to five years depending on sector-specific or in-company requirements
This training is essential for workers to load, secure and unload plant and machinery safely. Delegates will review legal requirements, ensure safety compliance, and understand procedures, appropriate documentation and classifications.
The course content includes:
- Health and safety legislation relating to Plant Operators
- Theoretical knowledge of plant operations
- All facets and functions of the equipment and the use of the transporter operator's manual
- Identifying different types of transport, and explaining their purpose
- Components, basic construction controls and technology of relevant vehicles and plant
- Conducting all necessary safety checks at the loading and unloading area
- Configuring the transporter correctly for loading and unloading
- Hazards that may exist in the work area and how to avoid them (e.g. underground services, overhead power lines, etc.)
- Communication methods
- Loading or directing items of plant onto and off transporting vehicles
- Arranging and securing items of plant on a transport vehicle ready for transport on the public highway
- All shutdown and security procedures
At the end of the training, successful delegates will:
- Have a working knowledge of the manufacturer’s handbook for plant transportation vehicles
- Be able to locate and identify key controls on a transporter and explain their functions
- Conduct all pre-operational and running checks following manufacturer's and legislative requirements to load and secure plant
- Be able to prepare transportation for use and operate the loading and unloading equipment safely and efficiently following NPORS guidance
- Perform specific loading and unloading tasks and operations as practised throughout the course
- Confidently carry out all end of work and shut down procedures
On successful completion of the course:
Construction industry delegates
Operators will receive a Trained Operator CSCS/NPORS Card valid for two years from the test date.
In order to upgrade your CSCS/NPORS card you need to achieve the requisite (S)NVQ with the units applicable to the category (S) of plant held on their trained operator card.
Non-construction industry delegates
Anyone operating in industry sectors other than construction is not required to hold an operator card bearing the CSCS logo and can have the NPORS (Traditional) Operator Card.
End users can select three or five-year registrations for this card depending on sector-specific or in-company requirements.
Who Should Attend?
This Plant Loader and Securer NPORS Certification is for Plant Operators who need practical and theoretical training and assessment to do their job. While it is ideal for delegates to have some machinery experience, it is not mandatory.
This comprehensive course trains delegates to safely and responsibly work as a Plant Loader and Securer on-site. The training options vary to accommodate novices and seasoned delegates:
Novice training - two days with a maximum of three delegates
Refresher training – one-day with a maximum of three delegates
Assessment only - one-day session with a maximum of six delegates
One-to-one and group training sessions are available. Please get in touch with the team to find out more.
We dedicate our efforts to unrivalled quality and the customer experience at Citrus Training, working tirelessly to provide exemplary service to our clients and produce excellent results from our delegates. As a result, we are the leading UK-based provider of health, safety, and technical training and assessment services to the Built Environment and Utility sectors.
We have over 30 specialist Plant and Lifting trainers and assessors, coaching and testing nationwide to meet any specific needs of our clients. With a wealth of experience and expertise, they have successfully trained over 25,000 delegates across the Plant and NVQ training categories.
Our facilities include six technical centres with the capacity for delivering Plant Training across the UK. And our national, accredited Training and Test Centres are fully equipped to provide CPCS and CSCS accredited courses. In addition, as an approved NPORS training provider, we can also offer on-site training and testing nationwide.
Finally, as an Approved Training Organisation (ATO) by CITB, we provide quality training that meets the industry-approved standards.
Things You Need to Know
This Plant Loader and Securer NPORS course has practical elements, so delegates must inform their trainer if they have any serious health issues, physical problems, special considerations or are taking any medication, which may create difficulties in any elements of the training.
For training held at your location, please ensure that the classroom you make available has a power supply and is a suitable size for the number of delegates attending. In addition, please ensure that the practical area has been risk-assessed, is free from harm, and is ideal for training.
Yes - delegates need to have a good understanding of the English language to take the course.
No, but there are practical elements, so delegates should make their trainer aware of any special considerations.
Yes - you need to make sure your premises have a 240v power supply, that your classroom is big enough and that the practical area has been risk-assessed and suitable before any training takes place.
The Construction card has the CSCS logo and is recognised on Construction sites. First, you gain a trained two-year operator card, after which you need to complete an NVQ to earn a five-year competent card. The traditional card is valid for five years and is used more for related industries or self-owned firms.
Over 100+ training centres nationwide, with 150+ technical trainers, delivering upwards of 250+ courses to over 40,000+ delegates each year. Thats why we're the UK's trusted training provider.