Confined space entry and works cannot be carried out by anyone and everyone. Therefore, alongside the important legislation, regulation and documentation that goes with this kind of work, permits may need to be issued before anyone enters or works around classified confined spaces. This may involve their own staff or contractors undertaking the work.
This Citrus certification delivers the necessary skills, knowledge, and competency to ensure safe working and compliance with the relevant legislation, including everything relating to equipment inspection procedures.
Consisting of a majority of professional discussion and group participation, the course is further supplemented with video and classroom-based tutorials.
The course reflects national standards and industry best practices and is fully accredited in line with regulations. The training aims to ensure those responsible for managing Confined Space entries are suitably competent to do so and have enough knowledge to ensure workers are operating safely from both a legislative and moral viewpoint.
To do this, delegates will learn the checks a Permit Issuer should make before issuing a permit, such as work team competencies, equipment, emergency arrangements and communication methods. We also look at the correct procedures and steps involved in the issue of a Confined Space Permit and when the Issuer may refuse a permit issue.
If you choose to work with Citrus, we can tailor courses to fit your specific training needs, with the added flexibility provided by our custom-built training facilities and customer-first approach to how we work.
Our occupationally and technically-experienced trainers will coach delegates in this one-day course, completing the session with a desktop exercise and a short written assessment. They must pass both elements to qualify for the certificate.
This training is essential for employees to legally and adequately issue work permits for confined spaces. Delegates will review legal requirements, ensure safety compliance, understand procedures and appropriate documentation and classifications.
The course will take delegates through;
- The appropriate legislation applicable to Confined Space Working
- The appropriate legislation applicable to Permit to Work systems (Confined Space)
- An overview of Confined Space working requirements
- Required levels of competency for everyone involved in Confined Space working
- Types of equipment used for safe Confined Space entry
- Risk assessment and hierarchy of control process and procedure
- Emergency arrangements and the people involved
- Documentation requirements and safe systems of work
- Record keeping and auditing - types of reporting systems required for different scenarios
At the end of the training, successful delegates will be able to;
- Understanding the relevant legislation to issue permits
- Apply the "avoidance hierarchy of control"
- Summarise levels of competence and supervision
- Demonstrate understanding and implementation of safe systems of work
- Outline the correct process of Permit to Work arrangements
- Consider others who may be affected by the work activity
- Understand workplace inspection and equipment requirements and the importance of care, maintenance, certification and record-keeping of the equipment
- Show an understanding of the requirements in planning and organising the work and provision of emergency arrangements.
- Manage the safe use of equipment associated with Confined Space working
Who Should Attend?
This Citrus Certification is for people whose role includes the management of confined space task delegation.
This comprehensive one-day course trains delegates to understand and correctly issue permits for confined spaces. Due to it’s purely theoretical nature, the course can be delivered virtually as an alternative.
Quality and the customer experience are paramount to us here at Citrus. We work tirelessly to provide exemplary service to our clients and produce excellent results from our delegates. As a result, we are the leading UK-based provider of health, safety, and technical training and assessment services to the Built Environment and Utility sectors.
We proudly work with 85 of the country’s top 100 building services companies providing courses nationwide. Our purpose-built, simulated confined space environments with integrated surveillance are approved by City & Guilds, meaning we can provide the most realistic experience in the market/possible.
To supplement our excellent facilities, we can provide the latest, cutting-edge equipment for all delegates during training through our sister company, Altitude Safety, which also offers over 10,000 safety products and equipment from leading manufacturers available to hire or purchase.
And crucially, our dedicated trainers provide expert knowledge and real-world experience to manage the most complex and high-risk, hazardous scenarios in confined space training. As a result, we’ve successfully delivered training for over 35,000 delegates across the Confined Space and City & Guilds training category.
Things You Need to Know
While delegates can take this course with no previous knowledge, it will better suit those with some existing confined space working or management knowledge and experience.
Over 100+ training centres nationwide, with 150+ technical trainers, delivering upwards of 250+ courses to over 40,000+ delegates each year. Thats why we're the UK's trusted training provider.