Management is so much more than instructing others to act. The layers of responsibility are many, and none are more important than the safety and welfare of a site and team under management’s duty of care.
This Site Management Training Scheme course covers all relevant legislation and other essential elements relating to site management safety. It will provide delegates with the knowledge and respect for site safety, with the core aim to enable them to:
- Manage health and safety on-site following current legal provisions and within the context of their management or supervisory role
- Develop an understanding of responsibilities and accountability for site health, safety and welfare
- Recognise that a safe site is efficient, economical and productive.
This course consists of video and classroom-based exercises and tutorials featuring best practice sharing, group work, and case studies. In addition, delegates will cover legislative and practical knowledge and awareness of site safety.
The course reflects national standards and industry best practices and is fully accredited in line with regulations. Choose to learn with Citrus, and delegates benefit from our custom-built training facilities and customer-first approach.
Our occupationally and technically-experienced educators will coach and assess delegates throughout this five-day course, finishing the session with a multiple-choice and written exam. To qualify for the certificate, they must pass the examinations with a minimum 81% pass rate, after which they will receive a five-year certification.
This training is essential for management to ensure site health, safety and welfare are not only implemented but considered the top priority in all operations. Delegates will review legal requirements, learn safety measures, ensure safety compliance, and understand procedures.
The course will take delegates through:
- An introduction to health and safety law, duties, responsibilities, enforcement and sanctions
- Overviews and explanations of the most relevant construction activity legislation
- Accident costs, causes, investigation, prevention and reporting requirements
- Risk assessment and principles of prevention’
- Safety management systems, policies, plans, performance and measuring
- Management of contractors
- Development of safe systems of work and permit systems
- Practical communication skills and techniques
- Behavioural science that includes awareness of human error
- Motivating safety behaviour
- Recognition of organisational duties and responsibilities
- Specific responsibilities of managers, supervisors and operatives
- Production of site activity instructions (safe system of work)
- Planning for health and safety within the context of a project
On completing this Site Management Safety Training (SMSTS) course, delegates will understand and be able to:
- Implement all health, safety, welfare and environmental legislation which affects them during their daily work
- Implement new guidance and industry best practices
- State their duties and responsibilities regarding health, safety, welfare and the environment
Who Should Attend?
This CITB SMSTS course is for site managers, agents and persons who are, or are about to be, responsible for planning, organising, monitoring, controlling and administering groups of staff and workforce. The delegate will be looking to further their career within construction by taking on further management responsibilities.
This five-day course trains delegates to understand the challenges, processes and fundamentals of site safety management, legislation and regulations on completion and certification.
Participants will attend a virtual classroom and the course will be split over two weeks. Three days on week one and two days on week two.
Citrus Training is one of the UK's largest and most trusted training providers of CITB accredited courses. Our name is synonymous with quality and the customer experience as we work tirelessly to provide exemplary service to our clients and produce excellent results from our delegates. As a result, we are the leading UK-based provider of health, safety, and technical training and assessment services to the Built Environment and Utility sectors.
With close to 20-years of practical experience in delivering Site Safety Plus courses, Citrus Training has over 50,000 successfully trained workers in the market to date. We train delegates in our industry-leading facilities nationwide, helping to bring together the optimum mix of solutions, ensuring you apply the hierarchy of risk control most effectively. Our in-house and employed Site Safety Plus trainers deliver premium training standards, consistency, and quality, resulting in unrivalled training practices and processes. And with some courses available virtually, we can keep industry standards high, no matter where they train from.
Clients can take advantage of our fully-managed delivery, offering regional engagement, skills and competency management, CITB levy and grants, skills cards and test management services, ensuring all bases are covered. The result is market-leading training practices and services, serving businesses and customers across the country.
Things You Need to Know
For SMSTS training held at your own location, please ensure that the classroom available has a power supply and is suitable for the number of delegates attending.
In addition, delegates must inform their trainer if they have any serious health issues, physical problems, special considerations or are taking any medication, which may create difficulties in undertaking elements of this training course so that we can make adjustments where possible.
No, you will need a laptop or computer with a microphone and webcam to access the course.
Unfortunately, there is no grace period for the SSP certificates. Therefore, delegates may need a refresher course before the current certificate expires.
Yes, you can, as long as you pay into the CITB levy. As an ATO, we will do this automatically for you if we have your CITB number.
Your certificate will take approximately four weeks to arrive. Certificates are issued digitally from CITB via your email address.
Yes, with a parental / guardian form signed so the delegate can sit the course. This form MUST be completed and sent to us BEFORE the course's start date.
You must have a good understanding of the English language (spoken and written).
Over 100+ training centres nationwide, with 150+ technical trainers, delivering upwards of 250+ courses to over 40,000+ delegates each year. Thats why we're the UK's trusted training provider.