With legislation, regulations, and technology progressing, it is vital to keep on top of the latest developments in any part of the industry. Safety is of number one concern, so ensuring supervisors are up to date on all things health, welfare, and site safety is crucial.
This Site Supervisor Training Scheme Refresher course covers all relevant legislation and other essential elements relating to supervisory site safety. It will provide delegates with improved knowledge and respect for site safety, with the core aim to:
- Enhance delegate awareness of recent developments in construction, legislation and health, safety, welfare and environmental issues
- Identify measures that will assist the practical implementation of responsibilities laid out by new legislation and working practices
This course consists of video and classroom-based exercises and tutorials featuring best practice sharing, group work, and case studies. In addition, delegates will cover legislative and practical knowledge and awareness of site safety.
The course reflects national standards and industry best practices and is fully accredited in line with regulations. Choose to learn with Citrus, and delegates benefit from our custom-built training facilities and customer-first approach.
Our occupationally and technically-experienced educators will coach and assess delegates throughout this two-day course, finishing the session with a multiple-choice and written exam. To qualify for the certificate, they must pass the examinations with a minimum 80% pass grade, for which they will receive a five-year certification.
This training is essential for supervisors to ensure site health, safety and welfare knowledge and awareness are up to date in all operations. Delegates will review legal requirements, learn safety measures, ensure safety compliance, and understand procedures.
The course will take delegates through:
- Legislation, ACOP updates with discussions on impact and practical aspects of compliance
- An overview of proposed and impending legislation
- Accident statistics, costs, causes, management responsibilities, and methods of prevention
- HSE's current focus on construction activities
- Safety management systems, policies, plans, and performance measuring
- Management of contractors and any other on-site workers
- Communication and consultation uses and techniques
- Effective use of toolbox talks' and site inductions'
- Behavioural science, including awareness of human error, stress and prevention
- Prevention of accidents
- Motivating safety behaviour
- Planning for health and safety relating to fire safety, working at height, manual handling, and movement of people within the context of a project
On completing this Site Supervisor Safety Training Refresher (SSSTS) course, delegates will understand and be:
- Aware of and able to implement all updated health, safety, welfare and environmental legislation, which affects them in their role as a supervisor
- Aware and capable of implementing new guidance and industry best practices
- More aware of their duties and responsibilities with regards to health, safety, welfare and the environment
Who Should Attend?
This CITB SSSTS Refresher course is for any delegate who has attended the five-day Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS) course since 01 January 2001 and whose SSSTS certification is due to expire (five years). We advise delegates who completed SSSTS training before January 2001 to attend; however, it is not mandatory.
This one-day course refreshes and improves delegates understanding of the challenges, processes and fundamentals of site safety supervision, legislation, and regulations.
Citrus Training is one of the UK's largest and most trusted training providers of CITB accredited courses. Our name is synonymous with quality and the customer experience as we work tirelessly to provide exemplary service to our clients and produce excellent results from our delegates. As a result, we are the leading UK-based provider of health, safety, and technical training and assessment services to the Built Environment and Utility sectors.
With close to 20-years of practical experience in delivering Site Safety Plus courses, Citrus Training has over 50,000 successfully trained workers in the market to date. We train delegates in our industry-leading facilities nationwide, helping to bring together the optimum mix of solutions, ensuring you apply the hierarchy of risk control most effectively. Our in-house and employed Site Safety Plus trainers deliver premium training standards, consistency, and quality, resulting in unrivalled training practices and processes. And with some courses available virtually, we can keep industry standards high, no matter where they train from.
Clients can take advantage of our fully-managed delivery, offering regional engagement, skills and competency management, CITB levy and grants, skills cards and test management services, ensuring all bases are covered. The result is market-leading training practices and services, serving businesses and customers across the country.
Things You Need to Know
For SSSTS training held at your location, please ensure that the classroom available has a 240v power supply and is suitable, safe, and risk assessed for the number of delegates attending.
In addition, delegates must inform their trainer if they have any serious health issues, physical problems, special considerations or are taking any medication, which may create difficulties in undertaking elements of this training course so that we can make adjustments where possible.
Over 100+ training centres nationwide, with 150+ technical trainers, delivering upwards of 250+ courses to over 40,000+ delegates each year. Thats why we're the UK's trusted training provider.